PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 10:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treowx
Carrier: sprint

derrickmd18 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to derrickmd18 Send a message via Yahoo to derrickmd18
getting rid of TP1 with TP2 comes

Anyone besides me getting rid of the touch pro when TP2 comes out? I am because its gets hot as hell and it stopps charging when I use sprint nav and my battery goes dead half way in my trip.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Re: getting rid of TP1 with TP2 comes

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickmd18 View Post
Anyone besides me getting rid of the touch pro when TP2 comes out? I am because its gets hot as hell and it stopps charging when I use sprint nav and my battery goes dead half way in my trip.
i got verizon and lm going to try too. i really dont wanna pay the 2 yr contract price maybe they'll run out of tp1's and gimme a tp2 or mayb asurion will run out ..

its weird now its like they're rarely in stock whenever i have to get mines swapped out for warranty reasons
Old 08-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vintercept™
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickmd18 View Post
I'm gonna try to get a free upgrade somehow when sprint runs out of tp's
Old 08-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

with all the people who returned these babies, i'm sure they'll have plenty of refurbed tp1s floating around.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero
Carrier: Sprint

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

good luck with that. I second that it will be a long time before they rub out. I got my diamond free when they ran out of the touch, but that was a year after the diamond came out. the touch pro has so many problems so I am sure they have a abundant amount
Old 08-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah I'll probably upgrade when I can, but I won't be "getting rid of" my TP1 by any stretch.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:36 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

why would you go to the TP2 what are the "better options" its slower and has less memory.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

SimianJones is just getting started

If the TP1 was so terrible for you, what makes you think that the TP2 is going to be a godsend? Isn't it essentially the same phone with a larger screen?
Old 08-08-2009, 12:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

i want the tp2 because it looks better than verizons touch pro, and hopefully it has the ram that was removed from verizons touch pro 1, push internet, and tf3d2

verizon customers are more justified in trying to get this phone if they leave the ram specs imo...otherwise like u said its the same phone with minor changes
Old 08-08-2009, 01:01 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
i want the tp2 because it looks better than verizons touch pro, and hopefully it has the ram that was removed from verizons touch pro 1, push internet, and tf3d2

verizon customers are more justified in trying to get this phone if they leave the ram specs imo...otherwise like u said its the same phone with minor changes
You should google the TP2 specs to see what its going to have. Then youll probable find its not going to be a special release. It hasnt turned any heads thus far and I dont think it ever will

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2