PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How's the browser? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78382)

chancellar 08-07-2009 04:07 PM

How's the browser?

Hello all,

Just curious about the browsing experience for those of you with the TP2.

How is the native browser? How does it stack up the experience of using a WebOS based browser? Does it render fast? Is it responsive? How does it compare to other phones like the Iphone or Palm Pre?

I used to have a TP on Sprint but I found the web surfing experience to be abysmal. The browser was slow to render pages and the screen was both inaccurate and unresponsive. I'm using a BB Tour right now and even though the native BB browser pales in comparison to a webOS browser, I sortof like the speed and efficiency. Sometimes its easier just to look at text or mobile sites than view full HTML on a phone.

I'm interested in the upcoming TP2 on VZN but I hope HTC improved the web surfing experience significantly from the last TP.

jessiethe3rd 08-07-2009 04:12 PM

Re: How's the browser?

I am typing this message to you in the Opera browser included with the touch p2. It is about the best browsing experience I have used so far bar maybe the iPhone which is very good. Easily the best windows mobile phone experience. The large screen makes things very nice!

vakbrain 08-07-2009 04:16 PM

Opera browser is good. Web pages are shown correctly. I've experimented some problem with some javascript scripts though. Flash is not supported in the current version of Opera and that's too bad :(

Maybe I will give a try to the Opera 9.7 beta version ...

chancellar 08-07-2009 04:18 PM

Good to hear! I really hope the speed and responsiveness have improved since the first TP!

I might have to return my Tour next week and wait for the VZN TP2 to drop.

darren.wlsn1 08-07-2009 04:41 PM

op, waat opera build on tp were you using? i run 16277 and its fast as hell.

chancellar 08-07-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1087630)
op, waat opera build on tp were you using? i run 16277 and its fast as hell.

I'm not sure as I no longer have the phone. It would have been whatever build came with the Sprint version.

I hear a lot about the cuztom builds improving the phone. Are there any videos comparing a custom ROM with the standard one?

darren.wlsn1 08-07-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chancellar (Post 1087645)
I'm not sure as I no longer have the phone. It would have been whatever build came with the Sprint version.

I hear a lot about the cuztom builds improving the phone. Are there any videos comparing a custom ROM with the standard one?

im stock but opera wasnt, stock build was not nearly as fast as the build i use. not sure if the tp2 will be faster by much, hardware is almost the same.

psycho_maniac 08-08-2009 03:13 AM

hows the touch screen response jessie?

GCPDpaul 08-08-2009 06:56 AM

yeah I am interested in the touch screen responsiveness too. Specifically concerning clicking on links....seeing as it is a much bigger screen than the original TP, I would assume it is much better.

Jessiethe3rd, can you enlighten us please?

jessiethe3rd 08-08-2009 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1088554)
hows the touch screen response jessie?

I don't know about you but i always got massively irritated with the response time of the Touch Pro. I was constantly trying to adjust the sensetivity to make it extremely responsive. Well I'll tell you right now, not necessary on the Touch Pro2. Sometime when the lights right you can catch the sensors... there appears to be a lot more on the TP2.

I would venture to say this is about as sensetivy a touch resistive screen I have ever used... and smooth. No... not as good quite as an iPhone... then again I can use my stylus. There's no question that the page file must be massive to run Windows Mobile so darn smooth!

Typed on my TP2... pardon the mistakes.