PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 12:03 AM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Telus TP2 .. gps not working ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeaul View Post
I didn't install anything and had no problems getting the GPS working in google maps.

While inside it was using the Data connection (I think) and the actual location that it found wasn't that close (like 2 - 3 blocks away). I went outside and after 2-3 minutes google maps picked up 4 - 5 sattelites and pin pointed my location.
I'm glad to report I'm getting more favourable results in Google Maps since I made my earlier noted changes. I'm now getting 9 active satellites and my location is within 10m. When I tried this before from the same location, my house, I was within 2900m...3 damn kilometres!

Old 08-09-2009, 09:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by covkid66 View Post
I'm glad to report I'm getting more favourable results in Google Maps since I made my earlier noted changes. I'm now getting 9 active satellites and my location is within 10m. When I tried this before from the same location, my house, I was within 2900m...3 damn kilometres!
So you were finally able to edit the QPST Settings. If so con you post the the updated version. I'm getting GPS locks, however its taking 3-5min, plus I'm only getting 4-7Sats
Old 08-09-2009, 12:09 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
So you were finally able to edit the QPST Settings. If so con you post the the updated version. I'm getting GPS locks, however its taking 3-5min, plus I'm only getting 4-7Sats
My first post did say that although I got an error during writing the gpsOne values back to the phone in QPST, when I re-read them back they had changed. Therefore despite the error I posted, the update seemed to take.

There seems to be a new post on the main TP2 Forum "How To: Configure GPS" by tobeychris which is essentually a copy of his original HTC Diamond thread about the same issue. I've just replied to that to say that the link to QPST in that thread is to an older version (2.7 build 301) that does not seem to recognize the TP2, or at least not mine! I posted a link to a newer version I uploaded here.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DESIRE HD
Threadstarter

vakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I found out that the gps must be configure this way in apps to make it work :

Port : com4
Baud rate : 38400

At least, it worked for me...
Old 08-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

what is up with you and half dead people? your avatar is a guy hitting himself in a head and stuff flies out and then in your signature a guy is on fire. although i like the guy on fire....it looks cool. is it any cartoon character in particular?
Old 08-09-2009, 06:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DESIRE HD
Threadstarter

vakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
what is up with you and half dead people? your avatar is a guy hitting himself in a head and stuff flies out and then in your signature a guy is on fire. although i like the guy on fire....it looks cool. is it any cartoon character in particular?
I'm just a huge fan of Left 4 Dead xbox game ... and my Nickname is vakBRAIN and I though the zombie exploding his brain was appropriate with my nickname

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2