PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

timewaster is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New to TP2

I've been using a HTC mogul the past 3-4 years and just picked up a TP2.
How do i transfer all my contacts and notes (notepad data) into TP2?

Also, should i upgrade to winmo 6.5?
Is it more reliable or is it worse than 6.1?

I used to be pretty knowledgeable when i first got the mogul, but lost touch and forgot alot of stuff, so any help/tip would be appreciated.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: New to TP2

Well, hello. You seem to be as slow as I am to make transitions.

I am sure people will have opinions, but normally you would just use ActiveSync to transfer the contacts from your PC/outlook.

Most of the people here are using a variant of 6.5 that comes from the installation of a new (hacked) ROM. You can, of course, use the upgraded Sprint version of 6.5, but I gave up on this about a year ago... Go to CDMA TP2 Development right at the top of this forum...

I am keeping my TP2... just waiting for Sprint to get their version of the iPhone (let me see if that gets a reaction from the various trolls on this forum)....

Cheers
Old 06-29-2011, 11:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

kwatcha is becoming a great contributor

Is it just rumors or a fact that Sprint will get the iPhone in the form of 4GS?
Old 06-30-2011, 12:38 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post

I am sure people will have opinions, but normally you would just use ActiveSync to transfer the contacts from your PC/outlook.

Most of the people here are using a variant of 6.5 that comes from the installation of a new (hacked) ROM. You can, of course, use the upgraded Sprint version of 6.5, but I gave up on this about a year ago... Go to CDMA TP2 Development right at the top of this forum...

I am keeping my TP2... just waiting for Sprint to get their version of the iPhone (let me see if that gets a reaction from the various trolls on this forum)....

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwatcha View Post
Is it just rumors or a fact that Sprint will get the iPhone in the form of 4GS?
uhhh Touch Pro 2 forum guys ... keep it that ?

And to the OP ..
6.5 Stock from sprint is CRAP . i had numerous ammount of errors . And many freezes . if you have 6.1 on it , just keep it . Your best bet however is to check the CDMA TP2 development as noted by jeryyyyy . My own personal opinion , any build higher than 21915 ( i think ..) will be your best bet if flashing a custom ROM . i have my own custom ROM with 29020 Build . And that is a 6.5.5 build . the best yet in my opinion . But if you dont mind a little less finger friendly ROM then stick with the 6.1 . To sum it all up , 6.1 is more stable than 6.5
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: US Cellular

MWTech48 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to MWTech48

I agree with elesbb: 6.1 is more stable, but 6.5 has the features. I would personally recommend installing a custom ROM of 6.5

There are quite a few awesome ROMS with excellent tutorials and active users ready to help you.

The ones I personally like are Sharkie's ROM, the Energy ROM, and the Mr. X ROM

You can find them all in the CDMA TP2 Development sub-forum

Welcome to the TP2 family!

MWTech48 - XDA and PPC Geeks :: Badger48 - TeamUSCC
Old 06-30-2011, 08:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thanks guys.
what would i be missing out on if i stick with sprint stock rom 6.1?

If i don't like a custom rom and want to switch back to sprint stock 6.1, where can i get the install files for it?

Last edited by timewaster; 06-30-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:24 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timewaster View Post
thanks guys.
what would i be missing out on if i stick with sprint stock rom 6.1?

If i don't like a custom rom and want to switch back to sprint stock 6.1, where can i get the install files for it?
6.5 has more eye candy . that's it . and everything you need to revert back to stock is in the cdma thread . just start browsing that thread and you'll learn a lot pretty fast
Old 06-30-2011, 03:54 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post

Cheers
why the %&#$ would u want an iPhony? better off just getting a more superior wp7 especially with mango coming out. and to the OP 6.1 has the stability but 6.5 has the looks and more finger friendliness at the cost of memory and stability. if u must goto 6.5 I would recommend a custom rom with a 21916 or 29xxx build
Old 06-30-2011, 05:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: US Cellular

MWTech48 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to MWTech48

Like elesbb said you miss out on the eye candy and features. If you look in the Energy Rom and Sharkie Rom forums you can see good screenshots of what 6.5 has. As far as stability, all HTC Sense ROMS (stock or not) have been unstable in my experience. If you like the feel of the Start menu at the top left, stick with what eric12341 said and go with the 21916 build. The other builds have the Start menu in the bottom left and some other features (that's the one I prefer) but some say it is a little less stable.

elesbb is right on:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
...just start browsing that thread and you'll learn a lot pretty fast
Old 06-30-2011, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

well, it looks like my new TP2 comes with the sprint 6.5. So far it hasn't froze on me, but is somewhat choppy/slow. Does the custom rom improve performance?

Some various questions:

The old 6.1 had push Internet. You can schedule a webpage to download so you can view it offline. Did they remove this in 6.5?

Is it possible to get the task manager on the top right with all those other icons (power, phone signal,volume control, etc...)

Is there a way to make a short cut for stuff like turning on/off wifi, bluetooth and changing screen brightness?

Is there a way to display the number of missed calls, new txt msg, new emails etc on the today screen?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2