PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Skywarp is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro 2 memory out the box

I just got my TP2 and noticed without any apps it is using 70% memory?

Is this normal?
Old 10-11-2009, 01:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Touch Pro 2 memory out the box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywarp View Post
I just got my TP2 and noticed without any apps it is using 70% memory?

Is this normal?
I think mine was like that too

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 10-11-2009, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

combatstang is just getting started

this should help

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88640

Old 10-11-2009, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Skywarp is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
I think mine was like that too
Did you correct it? Or this is just normal?
Old 10-11-2009, 01:55 PM
VIP Member

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywarp View Post
Did you correct it? Or this is just normal?
Theres a posting in here that says it drops your memory by like 25-30 megs, its two cab files.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

From MightyMike's review at MightyROM.com:

Memory Usage is sort of a hit or miss with this phone. Upon boot up you will have 55% memory in use. While using the phone, no soft resets for at least one day, you will be operating anywhere between 80% – 90% memory usage with no programs running. There are many reasons for this. One being the current page pool setting on the stock rom. It seems quite high at the moment, although the biggest reason is due to the new HTC Resource Proxy manager. This program is designed to “cache” certain software therefore loading times and usability are lightning fast. For instance Opera Mobile (9.5.16844) loads instantly. There isn’t a second of delay when launching the program. For this type of usability, I would definitely have to say it is a worthy trade off. Enter customized ROM’s and I am sure tweaking will be done in this category freeing up some memory for the phone while still maintaining usability.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:18 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCotta View Post
From MightyMike's review at MightyROM.com:

Memory Usage is sort of a hit or miss with this phone. Upon boot up you will have 55% memory in use. While using the phone, no soft resets for at least one day, you will be operating anywhere between 80% – 90% memory usage with no programs running. There are many reasons for this. One being the current page pool setting on the stock rom. It seems quite high at the moment, although the biggest reason is due to the new HTC Resource Proxy manager. This program is designed to “cache” certain software therefore loading times and usability are lightning fast. For instance Opera Mobile (9.5.16844) loads instantly. There isn’t a second of delay when launching the program. For this type of usability, I would definitely have to say it is a worthy trade off. Enter customized ROM’s and I am sure tweaking will be done in this category freeing up some memory for the phone while still maintaining usability.
so judging from what I just read, do you recommend un-installing those cab files that were installed?
Old 10-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
so judging from what I just read, do you recommend un-installing those cab files that were installed?
It depends, if you install them then opera for example would take atleast 5 seconds to load versus loading instantly, and that may go for other programs as well. So it really depends on how you use your phone.

Old 10-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

^^What he said. Personal preference, pretty soon we'll have an unlocker and you'll be able to flash ROM's that use the memory in both ways, I'm sure. To answer your question I don't recommend anything, I don't even get my TP2 til tomorrow! Had my TP1 stock all weekend and I'm dying to flash a ROM, when the unlocker comes out it's gonna be like getting my fix haha.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:05 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCotta View Post
^^What he said. Personal preference, pretty soon we'll have an unlocker and you'll be able to flash ROM's that use the memory in both ways, I'm sure. To answer your question I don't recommend anything, I don't even get my TP2 til tomorrow! Had my TP1 stock all weekend and I'm dying to flash a ROM, when the unlocker comes out it's gonna be like getting my fix haha.
lmao sounds like me, I sold my tp yesterday, so now I cant flash any roms, so I'm getting my fix as well when it comes out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2