PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 12:49 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to meatgel
Re: Touch Pro 2 Tweaks, Hacks, Tips & Modifications

I'm using the taskbar from the first post of this thread (Spike's 6.1). It only affected the taskbar and I have had no problems. Now I am going to mention something that I did -- and I am NOT telling anyone to do this -- but it could be the difference.

I did not install SDKCERTS. I didn't do this as a "decision." I just didn't do it because I was so excited to be messing with my new phone and it wasn't mentioned early on in this thread.

The other thing I did that was different is I installed .Net Compact Framework through my computer and not the CAB. I went into Programs in the control panel on my laptop and hit repair for the .NET while my phone was attached and it automatically installed.

I cannot tell if these differences are why I'm having no issues, no lag and haven't even had a freeze yet. Or maybe I am just lucky.

I'm just sayin' ...

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 09-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Archive Complete!
--------------------
Please do not ask questions in this thread. This is not technical support. The intentions of this thread is for users who are contributing tweaks for the Touch Pro 2 device.

Also please refrain from replying saying "Thank You, Awesome, You Rock, etc" Simply hit the thanks button.

All off-topic, questions, complaints, etc posts will be archived immediately.

Keep contributing as always, everyone is doing some fantastic work here

Hopefully the thread is now easier to navigate, as at this point it includes nothing but fantastic tweaks, hacks, mods, etc.

Cheers!
Old 09-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

mightymike, another member just found how to change the left softkey button on tf3d home... the usual edits did not work and it was baffling people. In order to change left softkey path, you actually have to change the RIGHT soft key path (you still have to change left soft key text for the displayed text tho). Very strange. The right soft key will still launch contacts, in case anyone was wondering. Please add registry edit if this is not known.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=14

Last edited by orlandojumpoff; 09-13-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Apparently you guys cannot read.

Please read this: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=132

Which is no more than 1 post UP...

Thank you.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work

Tip:

Microsoft offers a method to backup to an online service for free:

http://sn1-p3.myphone.microsoft.com/...t.po?mkt=en-US
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

BigPimpinSlimDB is just getting started

PIM Backup - Used for backing up your contacts, tasks, appointments, speed dials, etc. A nice alternative to Sprite Backup.
Attached Files
File Type: rar PPCPimBackup.rar (168.9 KB, 162 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:15 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

Here to remove the "Sprint Music" Banner and Music Store link this I edited myself the others floating around broke the settings tab. Just copy the two files into windows using Total Commander Resco etc etc

Remove Sprint Music Banner TP2.rar

And here is a cab to remove the MANILA start MENU making it the regular one we are all used to and it also places a PROGRAMS TAB on the slider with all programs very nice not like editing the registry like the tweaks and edits says to do. THIS IS THE UPDATED VERSION THAT WILL WORK ON THE SPRINT TP2

DHarvey HTC Programs Tab Fix.cab

And of course to enable the start menu again use this cab

Enable Manila Start Menu.cab

Here is a working AudioPara3 file this does the LOUD SPEAKER ONLY not the ear piece this works great very loud

AudioPara3.zip

This adds the ZOOM in and out feature to the message tab

Mun-sms Zoom.cab
THIS WILL KILL THE HTC TF3D Threaded Text view but everything else works fine if you do not like that feature

Last edited by rjmjr69; 09-15-2009 at 12:00 AM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:19 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

Fixes the percent for battery tested and works great

TP2 Battery Percent Fix.CAB

Import Reg or Make manual edits for 4 icons per row very nice makes things neater

IconConfig.rar
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\IconCo nfig]
"HorizontalIconSpacing"=dword:00000070
"IconTitleFontSize"=dword:00000006
"VerticalIconSpacing"=dword:00000073
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:47 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmjr69 View Post
And here is a cab to remove the MANILA start MENU making it the regular one we are all used to and it also places a PROGRAMS TAB on the slider with all programs very nice not like editing the registry like the tweaks and edits says to do. Credit for this goes to Calkulin

Attachment 41812

And of course to enable the start menu again use this cab

Attachment 41813
The disable manila start menu cab needs to be changed as it is incomplete; DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE ONE ABOVE IT IS FULL OF BUGS

The Programs.mode9 file needs to be edited as well.

22bb3b19_manila is the file that needed editing

I found this cab (attached) by6 DHarvey in the Touch HD forum at XDA Developers. This one will actually setup the old startmenu and fix the tab so it functions properly.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ila+start+menu <- there is the original thread.
Attached Files
File Type: cab DHarvey HTC Programs Tab Fix.cab (19.6 KB, 125 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by briggs; 09-14-2009 at 02:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

Not sure if this is a worthy submission, but those looking for 480x800 wallpapers for their new phones can go here...

http://480x800.blogspot.com/
This post has been thanked 16 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2