PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Post DATA CALL Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunthonungo View Post
I have a stock TP2 with winmob 6.5 and I just installed the stealth tethering cab onto my phone. It then restarted and I assume that's all I needed to do.

I then hooked up my phone to my win7 netbook via USB, went to the programs and selected "internet sharing". I then selected Connect and nothing much happened... all I see is a message that states "waiting for network" and even after a few minutes nothing happens... Am I doing something wrong? Are there any additional changes I need to make?

One thing I think might have happened, is that when I plugged my phone into the netbook, I'm not totally sure what all drivers the netbook installed with regards to the phone... but I don't think that would have anything to do with the "waiting for network" message I keep getting...

Any help would be appreciated... I'm about to go on a trip and need the stealth tethering capabilities..... and thanks in advance too...
Maybe the CAB you installed did something. Check your connection profiles, uninstall the new CAB, and try again.

- 2 Bunny
Old 08-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gunthonungo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: DATA CALL Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
Maybe the CAB you installed did something. Check your connection profiles, uninstall the new CAB, and try again.

- 2 Bunny

How do I uninstall the cab?
Old 08-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Touch Pro 2 Tweaks, Hacks, Tips & Modifications

Quote:
I have a stock TP2 with winmob 6.5 and I just installed the stealth tethering cab onto my phone. It then restarted and I assume that's all I needed to do.

I then hooked up my phone to my win7 netbook via USB, went to the programs and selected "internet sharing". I then selected Connect and nothing much happened... all I see is a message that states "waiting for network" and even after a few minutes nothing happens... Am I doing something wrong? Are there any additional changes I need to make?

One thing I think might have happened, is that when I plugged my phone into the netbook, I'm not totally sure what all drivers the netbook installed with regards to the phone... but I don't think that would have anything to do with the "waiting for network" message I keep getting...

Any help would be appreciated... I'm about to go on a trip and need the stealth tethering capabilities..... and thanks in advance too...
I suggest you follow the info in this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...stock-rom.html

Maybe you'll have better luck that way.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gunthonungo is a n00b

thanks for the link to the other thread... I assume I need to uninstal the CAB that I installed from this thread already... so how can I remove it?
Old 08-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Arrow REPLY TO UNCREATIVELY TITLED REPLY TO MY REPLY Reply

Quote:
How do I uninstall the cab?
Tap the Start Menu, then tap "Settings". In here, go to the "System" tab, then find the "Remove Programs" button. Look for a name on the list that resembles what you installed. They don't seem to go in any particular order, so if you've installed a lot of stuff lately, it'll take some hunting.

- 2 Bunny
Old 08-08-2011, 06:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: ZTE Warp
Carrier: Boost Mobile

lascott7 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to lascott7 Send a message via Yahoo to lascott7 Send a message via Skype™ to lascott7

Hey I am wondering does anyone know how to reset the text messaging of my tp2 because everytime I get a message, it comes up as 2 of them. The only way I can get rid of it is by saving my messages in a folder and I should not have to do that. Does anyone have a solution?
"with God all things are possible" ~ St. Matthew 19:26
Who am I really?
Old 08-17-2011, 12:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: ZTE Warp
Carrier: Boost Mobile

lascott7 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to lascott7 Send a message via Yahoo to lascott7 Send a message via Skype™ to lascott7
Question Re: Touch Pro 2 Tweaks, Hacks, Tips & Modifications

I have been searching and searching for a thread on this forum to see if there is a way to back up my opera mobile 9 bookmarks and files from my tp2 to my pc? Do I have to download Opera on my pc to do this? I cannot find any other thing on here where I can find it. Please help. Thanks.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 by HTC
Carrier: Sprint

jigwashere is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to jigwashere

Quote:
Originally Posted by lascott7 View Post
I have been searching and searching for a thread on this forum to see if there is a way to back up my opera mobile 9 bookmarks and files from my tp2 to my pc? Do I have to download Opera on my pc to do this? I cannot find any other thing on here where I can find it. Please help. Thanks.
Use Opera Link on your TP2. Then, go to https://my.opera.com/ and log in. You can select each bookmark one-by-one and save them. Or, get Opera on your desktop. Guide to using Opera Link
Old 09-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Us Cellular

Czdagreat is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
You may also want to add that the manila file also get rid of 2 of the 3 calender events shown on the home page....

Happy I could help bro
Hello i know u dont know me but u are a vetran member here and i was really hoping you could help me out. I have a Htc Touch Pro 2 cdma rhodium400 carrier us cellular. I have downloaded EVERY HSPL I can find and cannot get any to work so I can install custom roms or android. Do you know if their is a specific hspl for us cellular? ANY info u can provide would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks Mike.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: smart

jerabit is a n00b

hey guys.. im newbie and i was just wondering why i can't seem to open the file listed on item #7 ENABLE In-call recording.. when i click on the link it opens up a page and ask for username & pwd.. i entered but nothing happens.. all i want is to try this feature of recording calls.. pls advice if this is possible and how.. can anyone provide a direct link if this is a cab file where i can dwnload it? thanks!
7) Enable In-Call Recording - Record your phone calls

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2