PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

daniel336 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to daniel336 Send a message via Skype™ to daniel336
Curious - How Long for WM6.5

Hey Guys

so im getting my TP2 sometime this week from Telus.

im currently using a Diamond on WM6.5 and DO NOT want to go back to 6.1.

is there any ETA on 6.5 for the TP2??
Old 08-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Curious - How Long for WM6.5

the problem isnt the roms the issue is that an unlocker hasnt been developed yet for the tp2. once thats finished im sure the cooks will have roms out within days if not hours of that
Old 08-04-2009, 03:45 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel336 View Post
Hey Guys

so im getting my TP2 sometime this week from Telus.

im currently using a Diamond on WM6.5 and DO NOT want to go back to 6.1.

is there any ETA on 6.5 for the TP2??
First of all i just wanted to let you know that this is posted in the WRong section it should be in the discussion section.

Now in order for any chefs to start cooking up roms, we need to get a Rom dump from any of the cdma carriers, since im in the united states the touch pro 2 has not yet been released hear, so i cant do anything now, but well have something by the time its released.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Optimus 7 and Samsung Focus (unlocked)
Carrier: Telus

jessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jessiethe3rd

Since MightyMike is up here in Canada (I shouldn't be speaking for him...) I would guess he's working on the ROM dump right now. 6.5 RTM'ed already so HTC should be letting the ROM update fly pretty quickly... I image sometime in September when Sprint gets their new TP2's in stock you'll see them come with the update... that's my GUESS.

Being that the Sprint version and Verizon versions will be out soon I would GUESS September for WinMo 6.5.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

Quote:
... 6.5 RTM'ed already...
Any idea as to the build number of the final version?
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA
Old 08-05-2009, 12:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

trentonmac is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartrentonmac is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartrentonmac is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartrentonmac is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartrentonmac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_semler View Post
Any idea as to the build number of the final version?
If im not mistaken, I believe that 21828 is the RTM build number.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:04 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i thought htc was putting out a update for tp2 this month for 6.5? saw it in front page news forum in the tp2 thread by bigd.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:22 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

in one of the pocketnow.com's videos he said when you buy the phone you get a free upgrade to 6.5
Old 08-05-2009, 04:42 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

The rtm was 21224
Old 08-05-2009, 11:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

Interesting, I have build 23016 installed to my phone. So you're saying I have the RTM release? I always thought the 21xxx builds reflected the "development" branch, while the 23xxx builds reflected the RTM branch. (similar to how the 70xx releases reflected development while 71xx reflected RTM branch in Win7 development).

Last edited by k_semler; 08-05-2009 at 11:52 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2