PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How is the onscreen keyboard on the tp2? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=77950)

tokuzumi 08-04-2009 10:32 AM

How is the onscreen keyboard on the tp2?

I know the tp2 has a nice slide out keyboard, but there are times when I'm using my mogul that I wish I had a better onscreen keyboard to use in portrait mode (meaning not having to use the stylus). Just curious to see what your opinions are of how quick you can type on the keyboard, if using it causes too many typos, and if the auto correction works fairly well with the onscreen keyboard.

slopokdave 08-04-2009 11:14 AM

Re: How is the onscreen keyboard on the tp2?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokuzumi (Post 1080880)
I know the tp2 has a nice slide out keyboard, but there are times when I'm using my mogul that I wish I had a better onscreen keyboard to use in portrait mode (meaning not having to use the stylus). Just curious to see what your opinions are of how quick you can type on the keyboard, if using it causes too many typos, and if the auto correction works fairly well with the onscreen keyboard.

I've used the Rhodium soft keyboard on my touch pro, and it's excellent... I would imagine with the extra screen size it would be great.

banjoeball 08-04-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokuzumi (Post 1080880)

The onscreen keyboard is more than easy to use. For those times that you want to enter a little bit of info, it works really well. I can type pretty fast because I came from the Diamond, which didn't have the slide-out. The massive and very responsive screen is very nice to type on.

...I don't think I've used my stylus more than 5 times in the past few days, and most of those were by accident, due to my habits from the ol' diamond. VERY finger-friendly.

unclutchable 08-04-2009 11:53 AM

I'm actually kind of surprised they included a stylus.

destitute 08-04-2009 11:56 AM

The Rhodium onscreen keyboard rocks! It has pop-up letters as you type so you can see which character you are pressing, and includes small vibrations for feedback.

The XT9 is great as well, I can type very fast using the onscreen keyboard, and small mistakes are no big deal as XT9 fixes it all up.

redd214 08-04-2009 01:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by destitute (Post 1081020)
The Rhodium onscreen keyboard rocks! It has pop-up letters as you type so you can see which character you are pressing, and includes small vibrations for feedback.

somewhat off topic but kinda on the coattails of what u just said, does the on screen dialer pad vibrate when u press the number buttons ?

EDIT: 2nd question, is the onscreen keyboard ezinput 2.0 or 2.1, i attached pics of both. thanx in advance for anyone who can answer

banjoeball 08-04-2009 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redd214 (Post 1081263)
somewhat off topic but kinda on the coattails of what u just said, does the on screen dialer pad vibrate when u press the number buttons ?

EDIT: 2nd question, is the onscreen keyboard ezinput 2.0 or 2.1, i attached pics of both. thanx in advance for anyone who can answer

I'm running EZinput v2.0, build 34855

and the number pad does vibrate a little when pressed, just like the keyboard.

destitute 08-04-2009 02:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by redd214 (Post 1081263)

I didn't feel any vibration in the on screen dialer.

I attached a picture of the onscreen keyboard. I'm not sure which version it is, but it seems to have a combination of features from 2.0 and 2.1 judging by the screenshots you posted.

redd214 08-04-2009 02:58 PM

u guys r awesome, thanx for the respones!

ZuneNinja! 08-04-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by destitute (Post 1081373)
I didn't feel any vibration in the on screen dialer.

I attached a picture of the onscreen keyboard. I'm not sure which version it is, but it seems to have a combination of features from 2.0 and 2.1 judging by the screenshots you posted.

I can confirm that the T-Mobile version I have played with has a very small vibration feedback when typing/dialing onscreen, and is ezinput 2.0