PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 12:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

SE-R Dizzle is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Disable Default screen lock

i run s2u2 on my touch pro 2 because i like the screen saver option anyways can anyone help me out and tell me how to disable the default winmo screen lock? wher eu have to hit unlock in the bottom left corner and then unlock in the middle of the screen again? it sucks ot have to unlock twice lol
Old 08-04-2009, 12:18 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Disable Default screen lock

Just go to settings/system/lock from the start menu and disable it. You will have to enter the password in order to edit/change it to not prompt for password.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

SE-R Dizzle is a n00b

no thats not what im talking about... im talking about the screen lock with the softkeys it doesnt ask me for a password.... when the phone comes out of standby mode i have to hit unlock in the bottom left and unlock in the middle to unlock the screen...
Old 08-04-2009, 12:29 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Are you sure it isn't just set to not prompt for password on wakeup and it is set to just lock screen on wakeup where you just press the left softkey to unlock? Although, it may just be an option in s2u2 that needs to be changed but it sounds like to me you have two different locking apps running. Default WinMo and s2u2. Dunno
Old 08-04-2009, 12:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

captspaulding1000 is just getting started

posted on Howard forums

Originally Posted by jitakura
in registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Keybd
set:

DeviceLockWhenSuspend

from 1 to 0

Then soft reset.

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...&postcount=205
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:37 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by captspaulding1000 View Post
posted on Howard forums

Originally Posted by jitakura
in registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Keybd
set:

DeviceLockWhenSuspend

from 1 to 0

Then soft reset.

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...&postcount=205
So would adding this key enable auto lock on any other WM device?
Old 08-04-2009, 12:41 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

ill let ya know in about 3 mins......
Old 08-04-2009, 12:54 AM
Super Senior VIP Member

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

didnt work i have 6.1 running version 21051 running silence/mightys rom and it didnt work. also i noticed when i turn the screen off and then on my screen comes on but then goes black for a split mili-second

EDIT: i got this thread confused with another but atleast i hope i helped

Last edited by psycho_maniac; 08-04-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:01 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
didnt work i have 6.1 running version 21051 running silence/mightys rom and it didnt work. also i noticed when i turn the screen off and then on my screen comes on but then goes black for a split mili-second

EDIT: i got this thread confused with another but atleast i hope i helped
Thanks for reporting. I was going to try it but I've been too busy trying to count to 1,000,000.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:06 AM
Super Senior VIP Member

haha nicee

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2