PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Had a TP2 in my hands but didn't have time to buy it! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=77807)

CovKid66 08-03-2009 01:49 PM

Had a TP2 in my hands but didn't have time to buy it!

So I was out running some errands yesterday getting ready for my 5 year olds B'Day party...filling up the BBQ tank, groceries, etc. I passed the local Telus store and decided to pop in real quick to see if they had a demo unit. I asked the assistant and she said "Hold on, I'll check but I don't think we have any in...". Next thing she comes back with a brand new unit in a box! They had two delivered, and one of them sold, leaving just this one!

Now here's the kicker...I'm already late for the party and only went in believing they would never had one in stock, but at least I might be able to hold the demo to see how it felt / looked, and that I could get my name on a list once they came in!!! So now they have one but I don't have time to buy it :( So I ask her if I can reserve it and I promise I'll be back in the next day. So I leave her with my name, number, and a hopefully believable "I will be back I promise!!!".

And what's worse? We actually have a holiday here today and although a lot of stores are actually open....they're not :(

Anyone wanna guess what time I'm getting up tomorrow and where I'm going first thing :mrgreen:

psycho_maniac 08-03-2009 03:05 PM

Re: Had a TP2 in my hands but didn't have time to buy it!

earlier then the store opens haha

kidFromBigD 08-03-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1078992)
earlier then the store opens haha

Indeed. Keep us posted. I hope this story has a happy ending.

junkiee 08-03-2009 04:56 PM

Choosing your Kids birthday over getting a new toy... good for you! :)

junkiee 08-03-2009 04:57 PM

double post...

touchprogeek 08-03-2009 05:56 PM

hey you say you're with Bell.. Are you switching to Telus to get the TP2 or are you activating the TP2 on Bell's network? If you're activating on Bell, can you tell us how you did it? Us Bell boys would love to use the TP2, but we have no way to get it working on Bell.

CovKid66 08-03-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junkiee (Post 1079232)
Choosing your Kids birthday over getting a new toy... good for you! :)

Not a tough decision...you haven't met my wife

Kidding aside...I seem to spend way more time on my phone and this site lately, but your kids are your kids...enough said.

Cheers.

CovKid66 08-03-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by touchprogeek (Post 1079354)
hey you say you're with Bell.. Are you switching to Telus to get the TP2 or are you activating the TP2 on Bell's network? If you're activating on Bell, can you tell us how you did it? Us Bell boys would love to use the TP2, but we have no way to get it working on Bell.

I'm switching to Telus. No major complaints with Bell other than I get next to zero coverage at home, and I know switching to Telus won't fix that...but Rogers don't have anything in the WinMo line up worth talking about right now. Otherwise I would switch to them...I know for sure they have coverage where I live!

GCPDpaul 08-04-2009 02:37 PM

Congrats on finding yourself a TP2. I have been "patiently" waiting for this phone for Verizon...not like I could use it in Iraq now anyway......but still patiently waiting lol.

Definitely post some first impressions when you get it and play with it. I am debating between a Storm (Verison 1 or 2) and this phone. I have been a BB user for years, but the TP2 has definitely got the potential to sway me away :)

ZuneNinja! 08-04-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCPDpaul (Post 1081355)
Congrats on finding yourself a TP2. I have been "patiently" waiting for this phone for Verizon...not like I could use it in Iraq now anyway......but still patiently waiting lol.

Definitely post some first impressions when you get it and play with it. I am debating between a Storm (Verison 1 or 2) and this phone. I have been a BB user for years, but the TP2 has definitely got the potential to sway me away :)

You will fall in love with the customizability of an htc windows phone. (and yes I just made up a word ;) )