PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

keery458 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile CDMA or GSM?

Hey everyone, JUST wondering. My touch pro 2 from telus works on CDMA bands, and GSM, and HSPA 2100 bands, making it a global phone. My question is, where do we look for upgrades, in the CDMA, or GSM section, Or will there have to be a new HYBRID section. any ideas? like to get your Input on this.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:24 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: CDMA or GSM?

good question, this is new territory in winmo. I keep forgetting about that feature.. I want gsm navizon.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:24 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keery458 View Post
Hey everyone, JUST wondering. My touch pro 2 from telus works on CDMA bands, and GSM, and HSPA 2100 bands, making it a global phone. My question is, where do we look for upgrades, in the CDMA, or GSM section, Or will there have to be a new HYBRID section. any ideas? like to get your Input on this.
CDMA, since all CDMA (as far as we know) will be hybrid but GSM will not be hybrid.
________
Box vaporizer

Last edited by gTen; 04-14-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

pbeaul is keeping up the good workpbeaul is keeping up the good work

I recently plugged in an old Fido SIM card and it detected the SIM but complained about it not being a Telus SIM card. It unlocked a few menus/features in the Settings->Phone section. I had no problems detecting the rogers network but wouldn't let me do anything else... so the GSM radios are there and working just locked to Telus as far as I can tell.

I'm kinda new to the Win mobile modding stuff... but is unlocking the GSM capabilities of this phone something we can expect to see in the future? If so, this phone is going to be ridiculously awesome.

Last edited by pbeaul; 08-04-2009 at 05:03 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:30 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

based on what you just reported, I don't see why not. sounds like all the hardware works and winmo knows how to use it.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

You will have to do your upgrades in the CDMA section since the phone image is Telus, and telus is a CDMA company.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

if you did that would the gsm features go out the window?
Old 08-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Since the roms will most likely be based on the shipped roms made for the phone it should all be moot. Any tweaking would be of that rom which would contain everything needed for both CDMA and GSM.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

keery458 is becoming a great contributor

well, Telus is launching their new network, which is UMTS/HSPA, so eventually they will roll off the CDMA Bands. But thats further down the line. Once that happens, and people that try to jump on the new network, they will no longer be on the CDMA, especially since you need the right hardware to get the new network(touch pro 2). so when that happens do we consider our selves GSM?
Old 08-04-2009, 07:07 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by keery458 View Post
well, Telus is launching their new network, which is UMTS/HSPA, so eventually they will roll off the CDMA Bands. But thats further down the line. Once that happens, and people that try to jump on the new network, they will no longer be on the CDMA, especially since you need the right hardware to get the new network(touch pro 2). so when that happens do we consider our selves GSM?
if and when they actually drop cdma then I suppose. it surprises me they are going that route, and I suspect it will become more of a hybrid. but who knows, I have a hard enough time keeping up with our FCC

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2