PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Optimus 7 and Samsung Focus (unlocked)
Carrier: Telus

jessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to jessiethe3rd
Just picked up my Touch Pro 2 CDMA!

Be very jealous of your Canadian brothern - just picked up my Touch Diamond Pro 2 from Telus - it's HSDPA Capable and GSM quad band capable as well.

Looks like Telus had the device shipped with no Wifi :-/... (FAIL)

Wifi works just fine... I'm an idiot.

Last edited by jessiethe3rd; 08-03-2009 at 03:12 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuff
Touch Pro 2 in HAND (woohoo... uh-oh...)

Some comments and some questions about this phone.

The TP2 is sex... pure sex... the thing is speedy and although it's a pain in my bum to go back to 6.1 TouchFlo 2 is fantastic... very nice integration.

Now for the "uh-oh" part and I'm sure all you gadget geeks will know how to help.

Telus has decided to disable the wifi functionality on the phone. Is there anyway to check to see if the hardware is actually in there to be activated? (EDITED - it's there... just can't have the PC hooked up while trying to turn it on!)

Second, and this refers to our best pals over at Best Buy. They were the first to pick up the units here in Canada and well... I got a problem. My wife likes shiny things... in a hand-off after my second bottle of Grolsch (ohh great Dutch Beer Gods... you have forsaken my fine motor skills) yes... the batton was dropped... the nice shiny Touch Pro 2 took a tumble to the ground. No screen damage but a nice little nick around the bezzle. While operable boy would I like to take this thing back and exchange it for a brand spankin' new one. I was thinking about rendering this puppy a dumb phone and try to return it for switch-a-roo. Anyone ever try to return a mobile phone back to best buy slightly damaged but inoperable? Yes, I know I am a stinky bum with bad motor skills and I suck

Thanks in advance for any advise on both the issues at hand.

BTW - if anyone has any questions about this phone I'd be more than happy to help in soothing your deepest desires.

Last edited by jessiethe3rd; 08-03-2009 at 02:25 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:45 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac
Re: Just picked up my Touch Pro 2 CDMA!

you dont make any sense. at all
did you get the
touch pro2
diamond2?
do you have a slide out keyboard ?
Old 08-03-2009, 01:46 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Yeah Whaaaa.....????
Old 08-03-2009, 02:08 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 in HAND (woohoo... uh-oh...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiethe3rd View Post
BTW - if anyone has any questions about this phone I'd be more than happy to help in soothing your deepest desires.
Does the TP2 grant 3 wishes when you rub it?

As for the WIFI, it should be in there..maybe they hurried the launch and temporarily disabled it?

Edit: Telus site says WIFI is there:

http://www.telusmobility.com/en/QC/h...79/index.shtml
________
VIDEO REVIEW

Last edited by gTen; 04-14-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:14 AM
Super Senior VIP Member

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

you also fail at where to post. this is in the wrong section.

mods just delete this because he started one in the touch pro 2 forum as well ...
Old 08-03-2009, 02:17 AM
Super Senior VIP Member

its either a touch pro2 or a diamond2 which is it?
Old 08-03-2009, 02:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Oh for comon, I thought we actually had an upgrade
Old 08-03-2009, 02:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Does the TP2 grant 3 wishes when you rub it?
I just rubbed it... said, fix yourself and it just kind of sat there looking at me...

I think there's a WiFi radio/receiver in there - they just disabled it.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
its either a touch pro2 or a diamond2 which is it?
Its a TP2.

STUPID I AM... I unplugged the phone from the PC and low and behold the WiFi is there... false alarm.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2