PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 07:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Optimus 7 and Samsung Focus (unlocked)
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

jessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to jessiethe3rd
Re: Just picked up my Touch Pro 2 CDMA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jathomas0910 View Post
how is the battery life on CDMA...talk time, sprint touch pro was very bad
First off - I did a return on my Touch Pro 2 at Best Buy - yes the scratch was a main reason and I actually installed an app which screwed up the screen shuffling... nothing a quick flash couldn't fix. Yes, I suck but I do have a shiny new phone minus the scratches... BestBuy with that return earned my ongoing repeat business... I shall not buy a phone anywhere else from Best Buy as a token of my appreciation to them and I will continue to spend a ton of toy money there (which they get on a regular basis anyway...)

Much like Nordstroms and Costco - organizations that let me return stuff without a hassle always get my repeat business...

Now on to battery life... wow... I cannot express how nice it is to have the phone unplugged for two solid days without worrying about battery life. I am a heavy user with push email always on and it stays nicely charged. The battery is much larger than the Touch Pro and they have optimized it better than the original Pro.

I'll try to do some speed tests for people in the near future (this was asked of me prior.)
Old 08-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!
Carrier: Verizon

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiethe3rd View Post
First off - I did a return on my Touch Pro 2 at Best Buy - yes the scratch was a main reason and I actually installed an app which screwed up the screen shuffling... nothing a quick flash couldn't fix. Yes, I suck but I do have a shiny new phone minus the scratches... BestBuy with that return earned my ongoing repeat business... I shall not buy a phone anywhere else from Best Buy as a token of my appreciation to them and I will continue to spend a ton of toy money there (which they get on a regular basis anyway...)

Much like Nordstroms and Costco - organizations that let me return stuff without a hassle always get my repeat business...

Now on to battery life... wow... I cannot express how nice it is to have the phone unplugged for two solid days without worrying about battery life. I am a heavy user with push email always on and it stays nicely charged. The battery is much larger than the Touch Pro and they have optimized it better than the original Pro.

I'll try to do some speed tests for people in the near future (this was asked of me prior.)
Well done on the return. Best Buy is generally pretty good with returns as long as you put up a small fight. I should know, I used to work there and a lot of my friends still do.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: The Trilogy

cooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to cooltech59
Re: Touch Pro 2 in HAND (woohoo... uh-oh...)

Quote:
Its a TP2.

STUPID I AM... I unplugged the phone from the PC and low and behold the WiFi is there... false alarm.
I don't see all the uproar about the TP2! At first it sounded like a great jump forward but after talking with several tech's with Sprint they said the only real difference between the TP and the TP2 is really the screen. They said the memory, processor, and major internals are the same from the TP, so where is this great difference? Definitely not in price and you can get TF2 off several sites. So until there is a REALmajor jump forward I will keep my TP. Again this is just my opinion.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Second, and this refers to our best pals over at Best Buy. They were the first to pick up the units here in Canada and well... I got a problem. My wife likes shiny things... in a hand-off after my second bottle of Grolsch (ohh great Dutch Beer Gods... you have forsaken my fine motor skills) yes... the batton was dropped... the nice shiny Touch Pro 2 took a tumble to the ground. No screen damage but a nice little nick around the bezzle. While operable boy would I like to take this thing back and exchange it for a brand spankin' new one. I was thinking about rendering this puppy a dumb phone and try to return it for switch-a-roo. Anyone ever try to return a mobile phone back to best buy slightly damaged but inoperable? Yes, I know I am a stinky bum with bad motor skills and I suck
That seems kinda wrong to me. Don't drink and play with your new phone. The phone is going to get a nick on it sooner or later, this was your fault, why try and scam one over on them because you want it to look brand spankin new for a few more days?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Ladies and Gentleman, I finally picked up my Pro2 today. I can say without a dought, I'm happier than a pig in ****.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!
Carrier: Verizon

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Touch Pro 2 in HAND (woohoo... uh-oh...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltech59 View Post
I don't see all the uproar about the TP2! At first it sounded like a great jump forward but after talking with several tech's with Sprint they said the only real difference between the TP and the TP2 is really the screen. They said the memory, processor, and major internals are the same from the TP, so where is this great difference? Definitely not in price and you can get TF2 off several sites. So until there is a REALmajor jump forward I will keep my TP. Again this is just my opinion.
Go to your local T-Mobile store and see if they will let you play with one. Seriously, a world of difference. Much more responsive. You just have to see it for your self if you don't believe it is a true upgrade.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rezistrat is a n00b

There is a few differences on the Touch Pro2. They keyboard is dramatically different, bigger keys, less of them. This updated speakerphone technology. I am switching as soon as Sprint comes out with theirs. I also think that taking the D pad off is a step in the right direction.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

LbC Ya562 is becoming a great contributor

LoL Yea it IS a true upgrade! I had the first TP....It got old really fast! I got the TP2 now LoL sometimes I'll pick it up just to mess with it in some kinda way LoL

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2