PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How is the screen readability in direct sunlight? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=77575)

TheBundo 08-01-2009 05:20 PM

How is the screen readability in direct sunlight?

Is it considerably better than the Mogul? What is the "gold standard" of bright screens in sunlight, and how does the TP2 compare?

gTen 08-02-2009 01:02 AM

Re: How is the screen readability in direct sunlight?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBundo (Post 1075606)
Is it considerably better than the Mogul? What is the "gold standard" of bright screens in sunlight, and how does the TP2 compare?

I don't think there is much of a difference, if your looking for a phone to use under sunlight you need to look things with LED in them like AMOLED, or at least WLED black-lit screens. The won't be perfect but more usable.

Just wanted to make a quick edit: I'm not referring to Omnia's AMOLED screen, Don't know about Omnia 2.
________
teen girl Webcams

BioTecK 08-02-2009 09:28 AM

Before I bought my TP2, I used to have a HTC P4350 and I've to admit that I've noticed some improvements with TP2.. So it's ok in my opinion.. ;)

slopokdave 08-02-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1076325)
I don't think there is much of a difference, if your looking for a phone to use under sunlight you need to look things with LED in them like AMOLED, or at least WLED black-lit screens. The won't be perfect but more usable.

Just wanted to make a quick edit: I'm not referring to Omnia's AMOLED screen, Don't know about Omnia 2.

I've heard the opposite... I think it was pocketnow's video of the Omnia 2 where they mentioned the AMOLED (on the Omnia 2) was rather lackluster in the daylight.

I'm not sure if that applies to AMOLED in general or not.

gTen 08-02-2009 03:27 PM

The reason why touch pro 2 may seem better is because screen is bigger.

As for the AMOLED in sunlight, that is because of the setting used. By default the AMOLED would be worse then an LCD, BUT since AMOLED uses less energy, if you were to use it as same energy a standard LCD uses you would be able to see better in sunlight. The AMOLED in the Omnia is tweaked for saving energy rather then matching. That is why I said I wasn't talking about the Omnia. But I was reading around and I heard a few AMOLED devices performing well under sunlight.
________
WENDIE 99

Touch_Pete 08-16-2009 09:13 PM

I just moved from a HTC Touch to the Touch Pro2 and the difference is significant. The TP2 is much better.