PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Touch Pro 2 Reviews (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=77471)

tsowen 07-31-2009 07:36 PM

Touch Pro 2 Reviews

Post your reviews here

MikeElGiga23 08-05-2009 06:28 PM

Re: Touch Pro 2 Reviews

Anyone? I'm interested in the reviews also since everyone (including me) has had some doubts about it due to the begger screen yet same processor to suck up power, less ram, etc. How are the gfx compared to the touch pro? Is it as laggy? Less? Keyboard delay? Gps lock? Etc.

Let the truth be revealed!! Lol

leanne 08-05-2009 07:08 PM

It's way quicker and snappier. Keyboard kicks *** over the TP one, GPS lock has been an issue for some.

Graphics are awesome!!

No problems for me at all so far, would not trade back to my TP !

CovKid66 08-05-2009 07:24 PM

There are tons of reviews out there that do a better and more thorough job than I could! I just read Mighty Mike's review if that helps.

My $0.02?
  • It's a solid, well built device that feels great in the hand. A little heavy, but it just feels perfect in your hand anyway. The curved / rounded corners and back make it seem less of a brick than the Touch Pro (TP from here on in) used to. That device was so square on the corners!
  • The screen is incredible...bright, large, and clear
  • The keyboard is absolutely fantastic...far better than the TP. Much more space between the keys. I had endless typos on the TP and often found myself using the SIP instead
  • No lag when sliding kbd in / out
  • Nice to have a 3.5mm headphone jack finally!
  • Audio quality and loudness seem just fine
  • I like the ever-so-slightly-raised volume buttons. I found the-almost-flush ones on the TP a PITA! Same for the power button
  • Not using TF3D but the Start Menu link to the Programs was a nice touch when I first tried it. I use SPB MobileShell 3.0 and compared to the Touch Pro the extra real estate is a real bonus
  • Battery life seems fine, but it really is too early to tell. I've only had it since yesterday and I'm on vacation right now anyway
  • Loving the tilt feature. Didn't really give it much thought until I started using the device in landscape. Feels great in your hands...really helps keep it balanced
  • Camera seems okay, but never been a fan of phone camera's...I don't buy a phone for it's camera features...I'm an amateur photographer....enough said
  • Thought I'd miss the d-pad but I think it's just something you have to get used to. I find I'm using this in landscape more than I ever used to use my TP anyway
  • Screen seems way more responsive than the TP
  • Definitely seems faster than the TP. No issues with memory. It's snappy
  • No issues with GPS locking like some others seem to be saying
  • Extra stylus length is nice
Seems like HTC have really done their homework with this device. Hats off to them for this one!

Hope this helps!

EDIT # 1: The zoom finger slider just above the hard buttons is a nice touch too. Zoom in and out in Opera, e-mail messages, etc. (Just got around to trying this out!)

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/s...11-29-17PM.gif

EDIT2: Here is a link to an update I compiled now that I'm 3 weeks into using my TP2.

Spiderman313 08-06-2009 05:17 PM

What about speakerphone quality and loudness?

eman 08-07-2009 01:47 PM

Is the screen sharper and better looking then the TP and Diamond? Take away that it is larger, does it look better? I know it it has a higher resolution, but the TP has a higher resolution then the iPhone, and I think the iphone screen looks sharper and better. Same thing goes with the Palm Pre. There is just something dated looking about the TP and Diamond screens in my opinion.

O'Neil Mitchell 08-07-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 1087359)
Is the screen sharper and better looking then the TP and Diamond? Take away that it is larger, does it look better? I know it it has a higher resolution, but the TP has a higher resolution then the iPhone, and I think the iphone screen looks sharper and better. Same thing goes with the Palm Pre. There is just something dated looking about the TP and Diamond screens in my opinion.

I'm not sure, but is the iPhone's screen glass

rev800x 08-07-2009 02:55 PM

I'm very curious to here about battery life. If it will last more then a day on a charge I'll be sold!

Cicatrize 08-07-2009 02:59 PM

How is the screen sensitivity in the corners and edges?

TP1 sucks. lol

CovKid66 08-07-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicatrize (Post 1087486)
How is the screen sensitivity in the corners and edges?

TP1 sucks. lol

Seems to work just fine in those areas.