PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 01:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile

ARHMogul is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman313 View Post
What about speakerphone quality and loudness?
The speaker phone is OUTSTANDING! As well as the audio quality, very crisp, loud, and even offers a 3D effect. Better than any HTC device yet.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARHMogul View Post
The speaker phone is OUTSTANDING! As well as the audio quality, very crisp, loud, and even offers a 3D effect. Better than any HTC device yet.
I'm looking forward to this for the car, not a big fan of bluetooth headsets.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
Carrier: Sprint

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Nobody mentioned the lack of a dpad. Is there any way to play games on this device or even scroll line by line?

I just got to play with one at the T-MO store. The screen looks huge and the tilt feature of the screen is pretty cool. It was not as thick as I thought it was going to be but it is still pretty large coming from the Diamond. It towers over the Diamond. On the device I played with it did take a while to open up the Opera browser, contrary to what others have said. It felt pretty wide to. I almost dropped it a couple of times while playing with it and sliding out the keyboard. While I still think I might get the device when Sprint releases it, it really is just a TP with a larger screen.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo, Palm Pre, Galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

glidersgalore is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to glidersgalore

I am a Sprint person, but had to go to T-mob to check out the TP2, let me start with WOW, the screen is GREAT, the phone is thinner, and lighter. The back I think looks better than Sprints version, it is kinda the same color as the current TP.TF3D works great, not a big need for the stocks icon though. The program tab has more sections, the camera is better, at least it it appears that way. There is no 3.5 jack(not a big deal to me),With the new 3G they have the speeds were very close on with the speed tests I did compaired my TP. The best thing is the memory card has a slot on the side of the phone, so no need to remove the back cover.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:11 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARHMogul View Post
And the dedicated speakerphone mute hard button is a nice touch too! Really well thought out, especially seeing how you can place the phone face down to use the speakerphone and simply tap the mute button as needed during a call. If would be nice if there was a visual indicator that the call was muted e.g. a red LED or something...just in case you didn't press it properly! But you can always turn it over and see the mute icon on the main phone screen.

EDIT: Scratch that last comment...it must have been the bright sunlight where I was outside when I tried it first, because it definitely has an indicator that is green when the speakerphone is on, and flashes red when you press the mute button. Nice!

Last edited by CovKid66; 08-17-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:23 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Nobody mentioned the lack of a dpad. Is there any way to play games on this device or even scroll line by line?
Definitely takes some getting used to...not having one! I read somewhere that part of the reasoning was that you would have the keyboard out more than in, and therefore did not need a d-pad. I'm not so sure about that myself. One of the places I keep struggling with is messaging, and the inability to scroll up and down messages using the dpad, particularly when you want to scroll above or below the current page. I was so used to doing this with the dpad, and now have to use my finger or stylus. Then if I actually want to delete a message without first opening it it's a bit of a pain because there is no way to highlight a particular message now without tapping it...and that of course opens it.

The obvious advantage is the larger screen (WVGA) though, and I know which I use / need more

Last edited by CovKid66; 08-15-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
And the dedicated speakerphone mute hard button is a nice touch too! Really well thought out, especially seeing how you can place the phone face down to use the speakerphone and simply tap the mute button as needed during a call. If would be nice if there was a visual indicator that the call was muted e.g. a red LED or something...just in case you didn't press it properly! But you can always turn it over and see the mute icon on the main phone screen.

Videos I've seen show the Mute button, when muted, flashing
Old 08-17-2009, 03:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

few days old but didn't see it posted in here yet.
cnet review of t-mobile tp2
http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/...-33738108.html
Old 08-17-2009, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

northernpenguin is keeping up the good worknorthernpenguin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
Definitely takes some getting used to...not having one! I read somewhere that part of the reasoning was that you would have the keyboard out more than in, and therefore did not need a d-pad. I'm not so sure about that myself. One of the places I keep struggling with is messaging, and the inability to scroll up and down messages using the dpad, particularly when you want to scroll above or below the current page. I was so used to doing this with the dpad, and now have to use my finger or stylus. Then if I actually want to delete a message without first opening it it's a bit of a pain because there is no way to highlight a particular message now without tapping it...and that of course opens it.

The obvious advantage is the larger screen (WVGA) though, and I know which I use / need more
Games are a ROYAL pain in the butt on the device, but not for the lack of a dpad. The cursor keys on the keyboard work great for that sort of thing. Most games don't understand that 800x480 resolution though - even the ones that display correctly often have the touchscreen buttons misaligned (you have to touch the screen an inch or so away from the button you want to hit). Also, most games will rotate landscape to the right-handed alignment, which puts the game upside down when viewed with the keyboard open.

SCUMMVM works fine (Maniac Mansion/Day of the Tentacle, etc), if you run the *beta* version of the software. Most of the EA games I tried failed miserably with either inaccessible on screen controls (touch alignment issue) or insufficient memory to run game errors.

For scrolling in apps, the Telus version has Page Up/Page Down buttons on the keyboard, granted with the use of a Fn-Cursor Key sequence.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Samsung Moment, Evo 4G soon

dabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuff

things sound good guy it might be worth dropping my pre and coming back to windows phone

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2