PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

keery458 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just got the touch pro 2

Hey Everyone, i just picked up my BRAND SPANKIN NEW TOUCH PRO 2 from telus, I must say it looks and feels great. Its much more responsive and seems to run much smoother considering its still on 6.1. Lets hear some reviews if anyone else has got one. Im gonna try to give a bit more feedback once i play with it a bit more,. perhaps upload some Pics, and a VId.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

SRX8o7 is keeping up the good workSRX8o7 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to SRX8o7 Send a message via MSN to SRX8o7
Re: Just got the touch pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by keery458 View Post
Hey Everyone, i just picked up my BRAND SPANKIN NEW TOUCH PRO 2 from telus, I must say it looks and feels great. Its much more responsive and seems to run much smoother considering its still on 6.1. Lets hear some reviews if anyone else has got one. Im gonna try to give a bit more feedback once i play with it a bit more,. perhaps upload some Pics, and a VId.
cant wait to see the pics! i haave sprint so its obv not out yet. what phone did you have before? like did you upgrade?

Old 07-31-2009, 11:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work

I wonder why it is more responsive with less RAM. I am very curious about this. Is there a better video card in it that is dedicated and is the card on the original TP integrated using up more of the system RAM? Is battery life better. How do you like the new keyboard with missing some of the keys that the TP has. Do you love the tilt screen or is it just a gimmick?

Last edited by buggerritt; 07-31-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6850 Gimped Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wirelessness

jucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on rep

lucky!
Old 08-01-2009, 12:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerritt View Post
I wonder why it is more responsive with less RAM. I am very curious about this. Is there a better video card in it that is dedicated and is the card on the original TP integrated using up more of the system RAM? Is battery life better. How do you like the new keyboard with missing some of the keys that the TP has. Do you love the tilt screen or is it just a gimmick?
I believe the RAM is actually the same, but displays wrong. But why would it matter as far as speed? More RAM doesn't make things faster, unless too many things are loaded for the unit with less RAM

Last edited by TheBundo; 08-01-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I believe the RAM is actually the same, but displays wrong. But why would it matter as far as speed? More RAM doesn't make things faster, unless too many things are loaded for the unit with less RAM
Exactly. and when ram is being used for the OS, the video, TF3D, and web, it doesn't take but a couple of apps to make it slow down. What is the advantage of this phone aside from the screen and the bluetooth version?
Old 08-01-2009, 10:00 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

spkr phone is the only thing I like about it.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:19 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
spkr phone is the only thing I like about it.
lol, screnn and 3.5 jack isnt worhit to me, thats all i like. ill wait for the hero or a real upgrade.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP H3850-->HP hx2190-->HTC Touch Diamond-->HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

banjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to banjoeball

OH
MY GOD

I just picked up my new BABY from the eaton center in T.O. (they have a few left FYI) and it is absolutely gorgeous. I'm gonna lock myself in my room and play around with it for the next 5 hours!!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 08-01-2009, 12:40 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

the peeps with new tp2's, dont forget to add\change phone info.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2