PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Just got the touch pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=77467)

keery458 07-31-2009 07:26 PM

Just got the touch pro 2

Hey Everyone, i just picked up my BRAND SPANKIN NEW TOUCH PRO 2 from telus, I must say it looks and feels great. Its much more responsive and seems to run much smoother considering its still on 6.1. Lets hear some reviews if anyone else has got one. Im gonna try to give a bit more feedback once i play with it a bit more,. perhaps upload some Pics, and a VId.

SRX8o7 07-31-2009 11:18 PM

Re: Just got the touch pro 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by keery458 (Post 1074010)
Hey Everyone, i just picked up my BRAND SPANKIN NEW TOUCH PRO 2 from telus, I must say it looks and feels great. Its much more responsive and seems to run much smoother considering its still on 6.1. Lets hear some reviews if anyone else has got one. Im gonna try to give a bit more feedback once i play with it a bit more,. perhaps upload some Pics, and a VId.

cant wait to see the pics! i haave sprint so its obv not out yet. what phone did you have before? like did you upgrade?

buggerritt 07-31-2009 11:42 PM

I wonder why it is more responsive with less RAM. I am very curious about this. Is there a better video card in it that is dedicated and is the card on the original TP integrated using up more of the system RAM? Is battery life better. How do you like the new keyboard with missing some of the keys that the TP has. Do you love the tilt screen or is it just a gimmick?

jucytec 08-01-2009 12:06 AM

lucky!

TheBundo 08-01-2009 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggerritt (Post 1074423)
I wonder why it is more responsive with less RAM. I am very curious about this. Is there a better video card in it that is dedicated and is the card on the original TP integrated using up more of the system RAM? Is battery life better. How do you like the new keyboard with missing some of the keys that the TP has. Do you love the tilt screen or is it just a gimmick?

I believe the RAM is actually the same, but displays wrong. But why would it matter as far as speed? More RAM doesn't make things faster, unless too many things are loaded for the unit with less RAM

buggerritt 08-01-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBundo (Post 1074500)
I believe the RAM is actually the same, but displays wrong. But why would it matter as far as speed? More RAM doesn't make things faster, unless too many things are loaded for the unit with less RAM

Exactly. and when ram is being used for the OS, the video, TF3D, and web, it doesn't take but a couple of apps to make it slow down. What is the advantage of this phone aside from the screen and the bluetooth version?

shaggylive 08-01-2009 10:00 AM

spkr phone is the only thing I like about it.

darren.wlsn1 08-01-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggylive (Post 1074891)
spkr phone is the only thing I like about it.

lol, screnn and 3.5 jack isnt worhit to me, thats all i like. ill wait for the hero or a real upgrade.

banjoeball 08-01-2009 12:23 PM

OH
MY GOD

I just picked up my new BABY from the eaton center in T.O. (they have a few left FYI) and it is absolutely gorgeous. I'm gonna lock myself in my room and play around with it for the next 5 hours!!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

darren.wlsn1 08-01-2009 12:40 PM

the peeps with new tp2's, dont forget to add\change phone info.