PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet
TP2 - TP problems?

Feel free to add to this thread, I am wondering how the TP2 stacks up when faced with TP problems...

Laggy typing?
GPS lock lag?

what are some others? I currently have a faulty keyboard (waiting for TP2 to launch to see if I can get it replaced for free), so that's my major beef.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!
Carrier: Verizon

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: TP2 - TP problems?

I went to a local T-Mobile store and they let me play with it for about an hour. Rest assured, typing lag is GONE! I really cannot say about the GPS lock, because I did not test it. But overall usability, and how fluid it is, is just fantastic. Couldn't be happier, cannot wait for verizon to get it...

Old 08-04-2009, 04:54 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

HTC did a patch not too long ago I hear to improve the GPS lock..it was on front page of PPCGEEKS, not sure if that will be incorporated in the stock roms of carriers yet.

What about running WIFI or WMWIFIROUTER..is the overheating gone?
________
PROBLEMS WITH WELLBUTRIN

Last edited by gTen; 04-14-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am not sure about the WIFI, I never turned it on when testing it. I did spend about 5-10 minutes browsing the web through just plain 3G data connection, and it did not overheat at all. And obviously a fresh out of the box phone isn't going to have wmwifirouter on it.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:13 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuneNinja! View Post
I am not sure about the WIFI, I never turned it on when testing it. I did spend about 5-10 minutes browsing the web through just plain 3G data connection, and it did not overheat at all. And obviously a fresh out of the box phone isn't going to have wmwifirouter on it.
Well it shouldn't overheat just using internet..the WIFI is usually the bigger thing and WIFI + Internet is even better heating.

Well to insert an minisd card you gotta take off the battery I think..but you could always bluetooth stream wmwifirouter to it, then run it and come back in an hour to see if it overheat*hint*hint*

unless they got air conditioning lol
________
VAPORIZER PIPE

Last edited by gTen; 04-14-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Well it shouldn't overheat just using internet..the WIFI is usually the bigger thing and WIFI + Internet is even better heating.

Well to insert an minisd card you gotta take off the battery I think..but you could always bluetooth stream wmwifirouter to it, then run it and come back in an hour to see if it overheat*hint*hint*

unless they got air conditioning lol
That is kind of interesting. I've never really used wifi much on my TP, but when using 3G over an extended period of time, or my gps, or combined, it got very hot. But yeah, the next time I am in the store I will let you know (I am sure I will be in there just about every week until I can get one )
Old 08-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep

When I first started using it there was GPS lag using Google Maps. I did a hard reset this morning and the GPS lag is *almost* non-existant now. Not sure why, but working much better now.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:29 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

battery on tp2 doesnt have to be taken out to access sd card. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=77554

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 08-04-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:41 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
battery on tp2 doesnt have to be taken out to access sd card. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=77554
well regardless the back cover needs to be taken off which you can't do on a display..usually lol
________
MARIJUANA CARD

Last edited by gTen; 04-14-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:54 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
well regardless the back cover needs to be taken off which you can't do on a display..usually lol
i was refering to the post where they or you werent sure if battery needed to come out to get to sd card, not tethering display. lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2