PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2009, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 is my first wm phone
Carrier: VERIZON

lw00d is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlw00d is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlw00d is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Rumors about Verizon TP2

yeah im using GPS Sat .. not 3G.. thats why im asking.. the only way i would think im using data ..is if i have to update the Navigation program//
Old 07-29-2009, 06:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue, HTC 5800, Touch it like a Pro!
Carrier: Verizon

shadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

LOL one of the people on the Verizon forum said theyre cutting down the RAM to 128. He must be out of his mind. I know Verizon does some stupid crap with their phones (owned the vogue and now TP) but theyre not THAT stupid. Thats the amount of RAM the Vogue has and they know people wouldnt buy it at that point. Its stupid taht they cut the TP's RAM but its not THAT bad.

***ZEBRAPPC***

zebra cases are for L337 pimps.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfender42 View Post
LOL one of the people on the Verizon forum said theyre cutting down the RAM to 128. He must be out of his mind. I know Verizon does some stupid crap with their phones (owned the vogue and now TP) but theyre not THAT stupid. Thats the amount of RAM the Vogue has and they know people wouldnt buy it at that point. Its stupid taht they cut the TP's RAM but its not THAT bad.
its weird they cut the ram from the vzw touch pro, but on the vzw diamond it has the same amount of ram as the other diamonds? I dont get it.. Verizon does weird things
Old 07-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue, HTC 5800, Touch it like a Pro!

shadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
its weird they cut the ram from the vzw touch pro, but on the vzw diamond it has the same amount of ram as the other diamonds? I dont get it.. Verizon does weird things
Does it have the same RAM as other Diamonds? Hmm I wonder why people complain about it then.......Idk Verizon....Theyre some errr interesting peeps
Old 07-30-2009, 05:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

dbigdawg is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lw00d View Post
you would think with verizon so money hungry.. they would allow you to not pay for the data plan.. so if you do use any data they will just %$#% u.. and charge you per KB.. i have a question... when i install a Navigation on the phone do i use data?
Verizon is money hungry? Sprint is the desperate carrier. Verizon runs their business model and part of that is requiring data on all PDA/Smartphone devices. Sprint has been trying to do the same thing for over a year, they just continue to lack the balls to stick to it on a broad base.

I don't know of any navigation software with voice driving directions that doesn't use data. Why would you buy a data centric device and not use data though?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfender42 View Post
Does it have the same RAM as other Diamonds? Hmm I wonder why people complain about it then.......Idk Verizon....Theyre some errr interesting peeps
No it doesnt. Both the VZW Diamond and Touch pro have 128MB of RAM. Conflipper is stating he believes the VZW Touch Pro 2 and Touch Diamond 2 to be uncrippled, though.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700, TP2

like_butta is a n00b

Interesting, when I got my 6700 from VW a couple of years ago I told the rep a didn't want the data plan ($44.00 per month at the time). She told me to buy the phone with the data plan for the first month then cancel it. That's what I did and have been using wifi since. Looking to buy TP2
Old 07-30-2009, 02:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by like_butta View Post
Interesting, when I got my 6700 from VW a couple of years ago I told the rep a didn't want the data plan ($44.00 per month at the time). She told me to buy the phone with the data plan for the first month then cancel it. That's what I did and have been using wifi since. Looking to buy TP2
You can't do that now. Their new policy mandates any PDA sold from I believe the 6800 on MUST have a data plan. They do have the 29.99 plan for those who do not use MS direct push from an exchange server.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
You can't do that now. Their new policy mandates any PDA sold from I believe the 6800 on MUST have a data plan. They do have the 29.99 plan for those who do not use MS direct push from an exchange server.
It is correct that you cannot get a Smartphone from verizon without a Dataplan anymore. You could buy a Titan or lower and it would work, but no newer. And you CAN get the 29.99 and still use direct push, I am doing the same right now from my vzw tp. The only difference between the 29.99 and 44.99 is that you get Verizon Wireless Sync which lets you sync files/pics/etc. to the computer of your choosing. You can still sync contacts/calendar/mail from pc or exchange server with 29.99

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Back to the Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

blackspidey08 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to blackspidey08

I have Sprint and if Verizon is getting the TP2 then Sprint will also. I have to say I had to skip on the TP. When I first saw the Tilt with AT&T I wanted to wait for HTC to tilt a newer phone before I got another phone, and my wishes came true when the TP2 was made! So, I'll wait another month and a half cuz Sprint+Verizon usually release their main HTC phones in September/October.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2