PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 02:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Hard Reset Touch Pro 2!

(Sprint Touch Pro 2 only)For those of you who don't Know to hard reset your TP2, Here you go... you first turn off your phone (remove the battery it's quicker) 1.Now hold down the Talk/Send key & the End/Hang up key <====== Do this step first, 2. While the Talk and End Key are being held down, simultaneously press and hold the power key (on top of phone). 3. Screen should light up wait a few second, it should now tell u to press the Up volume key to reset the phone and any other key to cancel the the transaction!

Last edited by Sauske; 09-20-2009 at 11:47 AM.
This post has been thanked 17 times.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: Hard Reset Touch Pro 2!

please state in your post or title that this does not work on the verizon touch pro 2. help minimize confusion. thanks
Old 09-20-2009, 03:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the screen is so big and my rather short fingers i would need two people to format my phone.

settings > clear storage, 1234, YES.

seems easier than twisting and bending your fingers every which way.

the only good thing about holding the buttons is if your phone doesn't boot up for whatever reason (ie you installed a gazillion apps and something went wrong).

Last edited by sebo; 09-20-2009 at 03:10 AM.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:12 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
the screen is so big and my rather short fingers i would need two people to format my phone.

settings > clear storage, 1234, YES.

seems easier than twisting and bending your fingers every which way.
lol. yea...the screen is huge.
and thanks for pointing out the easiest way to hard reset
Old 09-20-2009, 04:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

gambit07 is keeping up the good workgambit07 is keeping up the good workgambit07 is keeping up the good work

If anyones interested in the Verizon version, I'll give it here as well.
Hold the End, Send, and Volume Down buttons while pressing the Reset button. Then follow the on screen prompts. I've found the best way to do this is press end send and volume down with your fingers and hold the stylus with your teeth and press the reset button
Old 09-20-2009, 05:19 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit07 View Post
If anyones interested in the Verizon version, I'll give it here as well.
Hold the End, Send, and Volume Down buttons while pressing the Reset button. Then follow the on screen prompts. I've found the best way to do this is press end send and volume down with your fingers and hold the stylus with your teeth and press the reset button
geez man, you can do it MUCH easier by turning it off first. then you can skip the whole part of having to remove the battery cover and using your teeth and stylus and trying to hit the reset button.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

I was playing with the sprint tp2 i have and trying to do a hard reset yesterday b4 looking in the manual and b4 this was posted... i came across some intersting info and modes ...

RAMDUMP Mode

HOLD POWER + Vdown + talk/send + stylis reset

Old 09-20-2009, 10:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

hold Power + Vdown + Soft reset = Flash from sd mode and or tri color screen ....

Old 09-20-2009, 10:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker

going to play with rom image names to see if RHODIMG.NBH is the correct one to flash from sd.... maybe ... and seing how its not unlocked i cant hurt but tinker as the only images avail r the stock 6.5 w/ kernal from sprint in this forum http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79632
Old 09-20-2009, 10:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker

I was right it is RHODIMG.nbh I took a RAPHIMG.NBH and just renamed it to RHODIMG.NBH and it went right into loading.... I WAS NOT going to flash if it prompted me. I just wanted to see if it would see the image and attempt to do something other then go back to the tri color screen... And it went to loading but I don't have any roms for the TP2 Sprint to even try to see if it will get past loading to the prompt screen...

Guess if an unlocker does not come out b4 the sprint 6.5 update I will @ least know how to flash from sd... BTW I have a 16gb micro sd in it from sandisk the one I took out of my TP when I switched phones.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2