PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 T7272
Carrier: O2

onairgraphics is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Touch Pro 2 - Device unlock code doesn´t work anymore!

Hello.

My HTC Touch Pro 2 (=T7373) encountered the following problem:

Additional to the PIN (for SIM-Card) I have also set a 4 digit PIN to lock the device, which is activated automatically after 5 minutes.

After accidentally deep discharge of the battery (forgot my phone in the drawer of my desk for over a week) and loading the battery afterwards, the phone refuses to unlock the device. The inputting device lock code, which is 100% correct, does not work anymore- no matter whether I type it on the touch screen or keyboard.

Even after several soft reset - not change. The PIN (for SIM-Card) works but the device-Lock PIN does not. No possibility to unlocked the device – it tells me always “entered code is wrong”. Even after connecting to a PC, the computer does not recognize the phone - so I cannot even read out the data of the phone via a computer.

On the phone are important data, photos, entries that I will not delete!
HTC has got - as usual – no idea of their own devices and the German support on the phone told me that I should buy myself a new cell phone - very helpful!

A hardware reset / reset of the device, I do not want to do otherwise the data all are gone.

Is there a way to circumvent the device lock and hack the data in some way out the phone?

The emergency plan, which I do not want to try by now, would be a hardware reset and subsequent data recovery using the software "File Scavenger ®" This works very, very good with defective USB sticks and accidentally deleted computer hard disc drives (deleted system volume information etc.) . Unfortunately I have no idea what kind of memory, the HTC Touch Pro 2 uses (it's been no SD card inserted in the device).
And I do not know how the phone reset works - simple device reset witch clears memory only (which would not be that serious) or if the entire memory will be overwritten (which would be fatal).
Maybe someone has a solution and can help me, how to get my data out of my cell phone. Thank you!
Old 11-29-2012, 01:22 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 - Device unlock code doesn´t work anymore!

So sorry to hear about your problem. I have never heard of someone being able to save their data in the situation that you are in without finding the correct unlock code. Unfortunately, unless you can somehow find the correct combination of numbers, your data is gone. If it is that important to you, start at 0000 and add one number until you reach 9999. There are 10,000 combinations. Good luck.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:27 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 - Device unlock code doesn´t work anymore!

Generally you should keep things on the sd card. The problem can be bigger then just that for one it uses TFAT filesystem. (does your recovery tool support that?).Second of all you need to consider if windows mobile encrypts the device data.

As for what happened,most likely a packet was corrupted during the shutdown.It can happen. I wish they would store the pin in multiple locations to prevent in case off corruption :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
device lock, unlock impossible