PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 05:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: vodafone

photonkid is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 runs very slow

I have a touch pro 2 that I bought on EBAY a few weeks ago from a seller called cellphoneforever. The cellphone was advertised as new but I suspect it is actually refurbished because cellphoneforever are actually mabili international traders who sell refurbished cell phones.

The phone I got has some problems but they look like software so I'm wondering if anyone else gets the same problem. Two or three times now, the phone has gone into "slow mode" where it takes a very long time to respond to a keypress or do anything. The first time was just after I got it and I did a hard reset to fix it. The second time I used task manager to kill all tasks and did a full power off and that fixed it. Does anyone else get this?

Yesterday the display stopped working - it just showed black all the time. I suspect it was because I accidentally pressed the power off button 2 or 3 times in close succession. I wasn't able to do a hard reset this time but removing the battery for a few seconds made the display start working again.

Is the "slowdown" a "common" problem for the TP2 or does this sound like a faulty phone?

Also, should the zoom bar be easily visible on this phone? I can't really see it which makes me wonder if the phone has been fitted with a non standard display to make it appear new.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Re: TP2 runs very slow

sounds like a bad phone :S i dont have slow down anytime on my phone on WM side, android is another story since it wasn't designed for it.

or at least the slow part for me is just the processing power of it, which means it never runs faster than it can but it runs at the same speed all the time too

The zoom bar is a sticker or something that lets you know where to rub your finger across so it should always show even when phone is completely off with no battery in it.

try doing a clean "stock" flash for the phone? could be the phone is on a bad rom
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:53 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Good suggestions EyeB. I agree that something is not working properly. A reflash of the shipped rom may help. If not, I would contact the seller.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: vodafone
Threadstarter

photonkid is a n00b

Thanks for the replies. My phone has this problem.

HTC diamond screen problem solved!(Microp error) [ Assistance Cont. by Request ] - xda-developers

The screen goes black. If I remove the battery and put it back, the screen starts working again and the phone powers on with the message "microp version mismatch" - which supposedly indicates a hardware problem.

Not sure what I'm gonna do now as I've heard that cellphoneforever are hard to get refunds from.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

What version of Winmo is it running? 6.5 is very laggy due to lack of sufficient RAM. Im running the stock Sprint 6.1 rom and some tweaks and mine is fast. Its even faster if you keep less than 1k texts saved.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
cellphoneforever, refurbished, runs slow