PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 on it's last breath, need quick advice on new phone

wait wait, you are paying $70/month for 450 minutes?

Switch to a prepaid, get same service, but for half the price...

or sign a new 2 year contract and get a new phone from sprint :S
no reason to pay as much as you are and use just a tp2
Old 08-20-2012, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Shift 4G

prboy1969 is keeping up the good workprboy1969 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I had a TP2 on Sprint forever, still have one ( NIB not for sale ) .One of the best phones I've ever used on Sprint. Received a new replacement then switched to Android ( EVO Shift ) when it was offered to me by Sprint. It's going to be kind of hard to get around the $10 Fee. They're adding it to most every plan. Even if they do it by "accident" they ask you to call CS to fix it. You may want to keep in mind that if you switch to a different plan, they may not honor your discount anymore. You do always have the option of calling the Retentions Dept. , and let them know that your considering other carriers. They will most times do something for you.

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

Old 08-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

meltmanbob is a n00b

EyeB - no it's not 450 minutes. It's 450 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else including cell calls to and from any carrier. The 450 minutes is strictly for land line calls. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:58 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltmanbob View Post
Damn! I completely forgot about posting here, been having issues with the computer still. Good to see there's a lot of replies, sorry I didn't get back to it sooner

The plan I'm on is the 450min anytime for $69.99 before taxes etc. Considering how broke I am and it will be a while before I can afford a nice, new phone I was still considering just replacing the TP2 with a used one. Ebay has some with bad ESN's but I'm sure methods for dealing with that aren't allowed to be discussed here.

Anyway I do appreciate all of your suggestions and I will look into them but there is one post in particular I'm interested in hearing more about.

Leadpoizon - If I can get a Sprint rep to do what you're talking about, I'd have already switched. I have gone up the chain as far as I can numerous times and every manager of a manager of a manager ends up telling me that they can't do anything to help me. No amount of reasoning, rationalizing or threatening to leave gets them to say anything different. Can you provide any specifics about this document you're referring to? I can call in and go through getting someone with a brain on the phone but I'm hoping I can give them something a little more specific. I know it would suck to have to wait another 2 years but I would be perfectly fine with the Arrive.

Again, sorry guys for forgetting about my thread, I really DO appreciate all of the responses!!!

If you decide to keep sprint, then here is what I suggest. Either buy a SERO premium off someone which you will then pay $50 per month which includes the $10 fee.

So right now you are paying 69.99 and 27% discount which makes it $51.10. So the SERO Premium would be $1.10 cheaper plus you can get 4g phones.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 08-20-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

Merovingian is becoming a great contributor
You can find the now defunct Palm Pre for less than $50 in some cases on Craigslist, clean ESN etc.
TP2's can also be found in the $100 range, clean ESN if one looks hard enough.

Sent from my SPH-L710
Old 08-21-2012, 08:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltmanbob View Post
EyeB - no it's not 450 minutes. It's 450 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else including cell calls to and from any carrier. The 450 minutes is strictly for land line calls. Sorry for the confusion.
i think most cell phone minutes are considered for landline, sprint/tmobile/att get free calls to other cell phones now dont know about verizon, havent used them since the 1990s...
Old 08-22-2012, 02:27 PM
N00b

MCnDaHouse is a n00b

I have a TP2 with clean ESN that I will probably be selling. I just got a HTC One V from Virgin Mobile with the $35/month plan. My TP2 has been kept in a case with a screen protector on it. So it's in very good shape.

Only problem I'm having is I have another line and have an airrave or whatever you call it. It works with my brothers Sprint phone and with a STG Mobile prepaid phone (uses Sprint network). So I assumed it would work the the Virgin mobile phone since it's on Sprint. However that doesn't appear to be the case. So my reception in the house is now terrible. I set it to use Internet to make calls and enabled wifi but that doesn't help. It shows full signal strength until you dial then it drops to zero, one or two bars.

Anyway let me know if you're interested in the TP2 and if anyone has any suggestions re the above Virgin mobile issue let me know, thanks!
Old 08-22-2012, 09:26 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

meltmanbob is a n00b

MCnDaHouse - I would be interested in the TP2 potentially, depending on the price. Right now I don't have any money but I'm hoping that will change here soon. I am still however very interested in getting the Arrive as leadpoizon mentioned without the $10 fee. I have wanted to upgrade to that phone for a while now but if that is not going to work then I'll probably go the TP2 route.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

meltmanbob is a n00b

Wow, I just tried to swap out my TP2 with my brothers old Hero so that I could at least have a phone that didn't require me to pull the battery out to get the screen to come back on and they tried to tack on that $10 fee!
Old 08-23-2012, 01:45 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

meltmanbob is a n00b

Well I just wasted a few hours simply trying to get them to activate an old Hero so I at least had a phone I could use. I had to put up with some jackass "manager" from account services and then call back in to complain about him. The lady I spoke to about the complaint apparently had her boss listening in on the call and told her that they could waive the smartphone fee for the Hero but that it was some big exception and I'm guessing it had to do with me calling in simply to make the complaint. I am THOROUGHLY pissed with Sprint.

I mentioned that someone (leadpoizon) had been able to upgrade to the Arrive without the smartphone fee and even that jackass on the phone acknowledged that at some point there had been room to make accommodations like that. My point to him was that I had kept my eye on that phone since before it was out and had made several attempts to upgrade to it especially considering I've been eligible for the 2 year upgrade discount for almost a year now and no one had ever been able to work around the smartphone fee. My other point to him was that the fault falls on Sprint because I had kept up with it and yet never was told the "correct" information; if I had, I would have upgraded and never gotten to the degraded point I'm at now with my TP2. Either way these people are just glorified talking machines with no willingness or authority to do anything of substance.

I'm ready to go elsewhere. I hardly use my phone as it is and I'm done paying for the unlimited data service that I've kept around for the occasion that I will make use of it; which hasn't been in a very long time. It's really frustrating considering that at least 75% of the time I could easily get by with a $20 plan but have not gone elsewhere simply for those months where I do make full use of the service.

The suggestion for Tmobile sounds the best since it has unlimited data that just gets throttled but when I went on their site, that doesn't appear to be the case anymore. I really like having the full features available in case I need to use them and I absolutely hated previous plans I've had where I had to worry about overages which is why I sucked it up and got the unlimited plan. If you guys know more about the unlimited Tmobile plan that's not super expensive, let me know. Even though that sounds worse than Sprint once it is throttled, in reality those throttled speeds are still in the ballpark of what I got with Sprint without any throttling.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2