PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 02:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Basketlady is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question HTC TOUCH PRO 2 SCREEN GOING BLANK and Stays There

Just the last 2 days my Touch Pro 2 (Sprint) my screen goes blank and stays there. When the backlight goes standby and I hit the top button to wake it up. Forget it , it does nothing. My messages are flashing but can't get to them. I open it up,take the battery out and start over.
I have a new battey ,but haven't had time to charge it. I have never had anything happen like this before.

It is like it just decided on it's own, to cut off. I have checked backlight settings, and external setting and they are the same as when I purchased it.

Anyone have any answers??????

This is the best phone I have had in a long time . It is easy for me to conference business calls and get mini reports sent to my business emails.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:20 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: HTC TOUCH PRO 2 SCREEN GOING BLANK and Stays There

this sounds to me like its the good ol classic SOD (sleep of death) situation so what you need to do is either flash a custom rom, there are many great ones in the development section or flash to the original stock 6.1 rom which is also found in the development section.

EDIT

THIS THREAD will tell u everything u need to know about flashing custom roms and provide what u need to do it and

THIS is the direct link to the stock 6
1 rom that was taken from THIS THREAD

either of these will solve the issue u are having if it does not then u may have to contact sprint for a replacement under insurance

Last edited by eric12341; 05-21-2011 at 02:32 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Basketlady is a n00b

I do not want to go back to 6.1. I am at 6.5 professional now. That would defeat the purpose. Plus I have to many important things on it . Plus I have company mail push. I don't want to go thru that again. Took me and the IT s a week to get it thru. A lot of firewalls.
I will take alook. Any other suggestions
Old 05-21-2011, 03:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I would say flash a 6.5 custom rom.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:05 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Yep the Sprint 6.5 Shipped Rom is most likely the problem. Sorry.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: phone
Carrier: yes

theedon is keeping up the good worktheedon is keeping up the good work

My phone started doing the same thing two days ago. I was running a custom rom that has been stable for about two years and two days ago... Dark Screen of Death. I installed the stock rom and I am still getting the DSOD. I did a lot of reading and it would seem that it is a hardware problem. My phone went dark last night so I am going to take my phone to the Sprint store today.

Long story short... Your phone is dying so it is time to swap your phone.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i760
Carrier: vzw

rbyham is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Strange but my vzw stock 6.5 pro started doing the same thing 2 days ago. What is up with this? Randomly the top button issues no response. Also, if I pull the stylus the front bottom buttons light up but not the screen. Only a soft reset brings things back up. Happens to me maybe 3x a day.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:07 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Sometimes I believe this can be caused by a frayed or damaged ribbon cable for the keyboard.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: phone
Carrier: yes

theedon is keeping up the good worktheedon is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by theedon View Post
My phone started doing the same thing two days ago. I was running a custom rom that has been stable for about two years and two days ago... Dark Screen of Death. I installed the stock rom and I am still getting the DSOD. I did a lot of reading and it would seem that it is a hardware problem. My phone went dark last night so I am going to take my phone to the Sprint store today.

Long story short... Your phone is dying so it is time to swap your phone.
I just got back from the Sprint store. They ordered me a replacement.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketlady View Post
I do not want to go back to 6.1. I am at 6.5 professional now. That would defeat the purpose. Plus I have to many important things on it . Plus I have company mail push. I don't want to go thru that again. Took me and the IT s a week to get it thru. A lot of firewalls.
I will take alook. Any other suggestions
well sorry I hate to say this but in the name of troubleshooting u gotta do what those with more experience advise u to do unless u want to just deal with the problem u are facing. and besides if u were to get a replacement from sprint ud have to go through all that again regardless, all u can do now is try what we tell u here then goto sprint when they don't work. its been discussed numerous times on this site that the stock 6.5 rom is the cause of the issue u are having ( SOD). therefore it is strongly recommended that u either flash a custom 6.5 rom or the stock 6.1 rom just make sure u have everything backed up to a card ot on ur exchange server. sorry if I may have sounded rude in the first part of this post but im just bein brutally honest.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2