PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 06:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

yonif99 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Water corrosion damage???? Lies!!!

The Touch Pro 2 sucks. But my plan won't let me switch. So every 6 months or so my phone dies, they try to do a hard reset, doesn't help, then they give me new one.

I just moved and went to a new Sprint store and the guy takes the phone apart and tells me it has water corrosion he can see on the motherboard. The sticker shows no water damage I say!

He's like well there's moisture in the air that probably got in so you have to go through insurance and pay $100!

I'm like, that's BS! I've done this plenty of time. Moisture in the air???? The phone doesn't work bc it's a piece of garbage, not some moisture cr*p.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Go to another store. Sorry about your luck.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 07-03-2012, 04:31 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Re: Water corrosion damage???? Lies!!!

I agree, go to another Sprint store.

What plan do you have that won't allow a newer phone?
Old 07-03-2012, 12:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

frittob is just getting started

Guessing SERO or Power Vision ... same boat as me
Old 07-03-2012, 06:58 PM
VFW Member

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by frittob View Post
Guessing SERO or Power Vision ... same boat as me
If its Sero, you can switch to sero premium for $40/month and get any mobile anytime and some Android phones and the HTC arrive.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yonif99 is a n00b

It's not the Sero plan. It's called Free and Clear 3000. I pay $23 for 3000 minutes and unlimited text and web. Is there any way to upgrade this so I can get a better phone (without paying too much more)?
Old 07-03-2012, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yonif99 is a n00b

Oh forget it, a quick google search seems to show that there is ways to get upgraded. So no one jump on me for asking something that's already posted!
Old 07-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

This isn't XDA. We don't jump on people around here.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:13 PM
VFW Member

Your not going to get a plan anywhere close to $23/month, and it's very hard to take over someones SERO plan these days.

To get a newer phone they will make you sign up with an everything plan that runs $79.99/month. I'd stick with the Touch Pro 2 if it's a cheap monthly bill you want to keep. You can buy them off craigslist or ebay for cheap.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yonif99 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Your not going to get a plan anywhere close to $23/month, and it's very hard to take over someones SERO plan these days.

To get a newer phone they will make you sign up with an everything plan that runs $79.99/month. I'd stick with the Touch Pro 2 if it's a cheap monthly bill you want to keep. You can buy them off craigslist or ebay for cheap.
Actuall the google searches showed me that it seems to get the EVO you can get switched to the indirect employee demo line. But it seems to say that is only good for people who have 3rd Party Account. But I am not sure how to check if I do or not.

Is this possible with the newest phones? What do you mean I am stuck on this phone, there's no way to switch out like those old posts (from 2010) were mentioning about indirect employee demo line?

Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2