PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Water corrosion damage???? Lies!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=150507)

yonif99 07-02-2012 06:50 PM

Water corrosion damage???? Lies!!!

The Touch Pro 2 sucks. But my plan won't let me switch. So every 6 months or so my phone dies, they try to do a hard reset, doesn't help, then they give me new one.

I just moved and went to a new Sprint store and the guy takes the phone apart and tells me it has water corrosion he can see on the motherboard. The sticker shows no water damage I say!

He's like well there's moisture in the air that probably got in so you have to go through insurance and pay $100!

I'm like, that's BS! I've done this plenty of time. Moisture in the air???? The phone doesn't work bc it's a piece of garbage, not some moisture cr*p.

mulhiny 07-02-2012 08:31 PM

Go to another store. Sorry about your luck.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

gullzway 07-03-2012 04:31 AM

Re: Water corrosion damage???? Lies!!!

I agree, go to another Sprint store.

What plan do you have that won't allow a newer phone?

frittob 07-03-2012 12:03 PM

Guessing SERO or Power Vision ... same boat as me

gullzway 07-03-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frittob (Post 2182546)
Guessing SERO or Power Vision ... same boat as me

If its Sero, you can switch to sero premium for $40/month and get any mobile anytime and some Android phones and the HTC arrive.

yonif99 07-03-2012 10:02 PM

It's not the Sero plan. It's called Free and Clear 3000. I pay $23 for 3000 minutes and unlimited text and web. Is there any way to upgrade this so I can get a better phone (without paying too much more)?

yonif99 07-03-2012 10:09 PM

Oh forget it, a quick google search seems to show that there is ways to get upgraded. So no one jump on me for asking something that's already posted! :)

demonlordoftheround 07-04-2012 11:44 AM

This isn't XDA. We don't jump on people around here.

gullzway 07-04-2012 02:13 PM

Your not going to get a plan anywhere close to $23/month, and it's very hard to take over someones SERO plan these days.

To get a newer phone they will make you sign up with an everything plan that runs $79.99/month. I'd stick with the Touch Pro 2 if it's a cheap monthly bill you want to keep. You can buy them off craigslist or ebay for cheap.

yonif99 07-04-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gullzway (Post 2182612)
Your not going to get a plan anywhere close to $23/month, and it's very hard to take over someones SERO plan these days.

To get a newer phone they will make you sign up with an everything plan that runs $79.99/month. I'd stick with the Touch Pro 2 if it's a cheap monthly bill you want to keep. You can buy them off craigslist or ebay for cheap.

Actuall the google searches showed me that it seems to get the EVO you can get switched to the indirect employee demo line. But it seems to say that is only good for people who have 3rd Party Account. But I am not sure how to check if I do or not.

Is this possible with the newest phones? What do you mean I am stuck on this phone, there's no way to switch out like those old posts (from 2010) were mentioning about indirect employee demo line?

Thanks!