PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 12:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

meltmanbob is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need help recovering contacts

Hey guys, my phone's been shut off temporarily till I pay the bill so I haven't used it much in the past 2 weeks. At any rate I tried to access the phone through the usb cable and was having all sorts of problems. Eventually I tried deleting the partnership and setting up a new one; I'm mentioning this because from researching it seems like this is the culprit. My phone has been having issues for a while now too, things like I can't slide the keyboard out without losing complete touchscreen functionality, the screen image has bars stuck black or white sometimes and the usb port or cord doesn't like to connect.

I didn't notice the contacts missing right away because I haven't really used it but today I went to pull a number out and use my brother phone only to find that all of my contacts but 2 are gone. It looks like all of my texts are still intact and it still shows names of contacts for the texts but if I try to select the contact tab for that person, nothing is there.

Does anyone know how to recover the contacts? I'm really tired of this POS phone not doing what it's supposed to or advertised to do and Sprint has not, cannot and will not fix the issues I've had since day one. Any help is greatly appreciated, I have so many things going on that are giving me problems outside of the phone that I just don't have the patience to deal with much. I haven't had much luck and I don't have a ton of time to waste searching either.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/IMM76I) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I believe when you deleted the old partnership, that deleted your contacts also. Do you still have your contacts on your pc? If so, they should repopulate.

Now that I think about it, you probably lost the ones on the pc also.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

meltmanbob is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Need help recovering contacts

Yea I checked through the device center and outlook with no luck. I'm hoping there is a way to pull all of the info from the texts. I didn't have a bunch of contacts with extra info, mostly just names and numbers which is what I'm concerned about. Since my texts are still there or at least they all seem to be, I figured someone might know how or of a program that could pull the name and number from the texts. For some reason my texts still come up with the persons name and I can select their name which pulls up a new screen with the options to call, send message or save to people.

I guess I could do that the long way by using my texts to re-save who ever is in my texts but that doesn't take care of all the people who I don't have texts with. Any thoughts on how to get those back? Thanks for the reply.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Need help recovering contacts

If the contacts are still on the PC which is probably unlikely then they should re sync. As far as the ones not in texts you may be out of luck unless you have them backed up to the cloud.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2