PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

saibot is keeping up the good worksaibot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 SIM HELP!?!

I have not used my Sprint Touch Pro 2 in a long time, but I need it for an upcoming trip. I'm going to London, Amsterdam, and Paris in a month and to still have data, I thought I'd use my old TP2 as a WiFi router and get some SIM cards.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find much info about this and I do not want to get to Europe and not have it work.

Can anyone help me that has experience with SIMs?

So far in my research I have been able to find a 1GB Three UK card I can have sent to me and an Orange France card with 15 Euro credit which I can use for Internet Max. I guess in Amsterdam I will have to visit a store and see what I can get.

Also, if I remember correctly, I shouldn't have to unlock my Sprint TP2 for use in Europe because only US GSM was locked. Is that correct? I did however see that some require manual changing of APN. I was not able to find how to do this.

Getting frustrated trying to figure all of this out and am really worried I'll get there and find out it doesn't work because I'm an idiot. I don't want to have to go without data when my gps, translator, etc. apps would come in so handy.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ctiger is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 SIM HELP!?!

I thought Sprint TP2 are unlocked for GSM outside of US. At least that's what sprint told me before. I didn't try though. You only can't use it in US with ATT or Tmbile US.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2