PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 11:35 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WP7 Style Launcher for TP2 *Updated 12-13-2010*

*Updated 12-13-10*

Fixed: recurring pictures after restart of program, clock hiding itself

Download the CAB to re-install, or if you have already installed before, download the ZIP, unzip and place the EXE in your install directory.

So I had been waiting for a WP7 themed App launcher for a while when I finally ( a few weeks ago) decided to just man up and make one. So, this program is something that started out as a personal program, so there may be a few things to iron out still.

Features
  • Stand-Alone Program
  • Smooth Scrolling
  • Custom Program List
  • Program, Contact, or Web Tiles
  • Easy Theme Color Changing
  • Full Screen "Lock" Screen (when installed to device, for now)
  • Two Tap Call, Email, or Text From Start Screen
  • Picture Tile Uses Pictures From your Phone!
  • Random Contact Pictures On The People Tile
  • 34 Tiles Max

I've tried to make this look as much like the WP7 Start Screen as possible. The Picture Tile shows pictures from a directory that you select. People Tile shows random contact pictures on it. You can add Programs and Contacts by simply long pressing on them and choosing "Pin to Start". I have really enjoyed making this and hope you enjoy using it!

How It Works

When you start it up it will ask you what email address you'd like to use as default. Tap the one you use the most, I guess.

Then it will ask you to choose your preferred web browser from a list of all apps on your phone. Tap the one you use. There will be a short delay to the next screen.

Next it will ask what folder you want the program to pull images from for the Picture Tile. Choose the folder (only 2 levels deep right now) that has a few images (up to 250kb .jpgs or up to 850kb pngs) in it and click the save button.

Then Tap anywhere to start using your new WP7 style Launcher.

Tapping the Phone Tile will take you to your phone dialer.

Contacts
Tapping the People Tile will take you to a list of your contacts. As of now there is no easy way to get to a specific contact, just scrolling.

Tapping on the contact brings up a full-screen Contact info page that includes their Mobile, Home, and Work phone, as well as their email address, home address, and picture. Twitter and Facebook are also there, but you will have to input them manually. They are taken from the IM2 (Facebook) an IM3 (Twitter) of the contact. Tap on the phone numbers to call them, tap on the email address to email, and so on. Tap and hold on a number to be able to change it (this will change the actual contact info on your phone, not just in the program).

Press and hold on a contact while in the list to be able to pin them to your Start Screen.

Programs

Tap the arrow to show your Program List (updates only on restart of program for now). Tap on the Program to run it, tap and hold to be able to Pin it to the Start Screen.

Colors and Web

While at the Start Screen tap and hold on the right-side black column next to your tiles to bring up the "Change Color" and "Add Web Tile" Options.

Tap Change Color to be presented with a selection of colors.

Tap a color and it will change the look and feel of the program.

Tap Add Web Tile and be presented with two text boxes, one for a url, one for a name. Tap OK to open the page with your preferred browser. After 30 seconds a screenshot will be taken of the top left corner of the screen and added to your Start Screen.

Tap and hold on any tile to be able to Delete or Move it. Moving it is done by tapping on another tile, which then swaps the two tiles.

Tapping just below the clock will show the Title Bar for 5 seconds. Tap the X button to exit the program.

Lock Screen

The "Lock" Screen Does not lock buttons yet. It only locks the screen, but it shows missed calls, unread text messages, date, time, and any appointments for the day (one at a time).

Hope you guys enjoy!

PS - This Software is Considered Beta. I have only spent a few weeks on this, and only during my spare time. If you find a program-breaking bug, PM me. I can't promise that there will be many updates, as this is more of a personal pet project, but I'll try and fix major issues.
Attached Files
File Type: cab WP7Cab.CAB (503.1 KB, 188 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip WP7Patch.zip (42.9 KB, 100 views) Click for barcode!

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!

Last edited by Musicman247; 12-16-2010 at 07:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 14 times.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:20 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Wow!
All I can say is Wow!
This looks great man!
I must say, I always admired your work when I had my Vogue and I saw and tried all the cube mods you made but I am very impressed with this!
I will be very interested to see how this progresses.
Congrats!
Great Job and Thanks for making this and sharing!
Old 12-12-2010, 03:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

InsomniacJedi is keeping up the good workInsomniacJedi is keeping up the good work
Re: WP7 Style Launcher for TP2 *Updated 12-12-2010

Looks cool! But for some reason it isn't working for me.

Still looks awesome! Keep up the good work!
Old 12-12-2010, 03:58 AM
Threadstarter

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

I've already found a couple bugs to squash in the morning.

Insomniac, is it just not starting, or are you getting an error message? This App is for WM 6.5 and I have it running fine on the Sprint Stock 6.5 ROM

Last edited by Musicman247; 12-12-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

dalastone is keeping up the good workdalastone is keeping up the good work

wow! this looks cool!! gonna give it a try! thanks!
Old 12-12-2010, 09:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G, Touch Pro2

ProDriver77 is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Looks awesome! Unfortunately, it won't start for me. I can get it to install, setup runs fine, but after setup it just takes me to my WM 6.5 Start Screen and nothing happens.

I'm also running 6.5 Stock Sprint ROM.

I can't wait to find a solution. I'm currently running CHT, which I would keep if it wasn't so RAM intensive. Time for something new, and yours looks like a good fit for my needs.

Keep up the good work!
Old 12-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Threadstarter

Has anyone gotten it to work? I'm trying to think if there is something that might not allow the program to run and not coming up with much.

Those of you having problems, try soft resetting and running it then. Let me know how it goes.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Threadstarter

Also, when choosing a folder for pictures, make sure you choose one with at least one picture that is smaller than 1MB in size.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G, Touch Pro2

ProDriver77 is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman247
Has anyone gotten it to work? I'm trying to think if there is something that might not allow the program to run and not coming up with much.

Those of you having problems, try soft resetting and running it then. Let me know how it goes.
I did attempt the soft reset a couple different ways, to the tune of 3 uninstall/reinstall attempts to get it to run.

In the comment regarding less than 1 MB photo: If I do that and manage to get it to run, would I be able to go back and change the folder later?
Old 12-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Threadstarter

The folder is controlled by the xml file in the WP7 folder.

Right now the program cannot handle any image 1MB or bigger or it runs into an OutOfMemory Error. (This is probably what is happenning, it just doesn't show up). I'm looking into it.

For now you can just copy a small image to the folder you want. It doesn't affect anything but the image displayed on the Start Screen Picture Tile. Tapping it takes you to the WM Photo Viewer.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2