PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   CID Unloc for free yet? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=150031)

elesbb 05-13-2012 04:13 PM

CID Unloc for free yet?

Hey guys i really would like if someone could tell/show me a link on how to unlock the Sprint TP2 for use on GSM networks like AT&T and T-Mobile

Tinkerbell 05-15-2012 07:36 PM

Re: CID Unloc for free yet?

I haven't found a free one yet. Let us know if you do!

ruben86 05-17-2012 10:57 AM

I'd like to put a Simple Mobile SIM (Prepaid T-Mobile GSM) in my old Sprint TP2. I've flashed ROMs before. Are any ROMs able to put any GSM US Sim in a CDMA TP2? I've searched for a free option on this site, but it looks complicated.

Also will the data (3G) and texting/MMS work?

gullzway 05-17-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruben86 (Post 2178973)
I'd like to put a Simple Mobile SIM (Prepaid T-Mobile GSM) in my old Sprint TP2. I've flashed ROMs before. Are any ROMs able to put any GSM US Sim in a CDMA TP2? I've searched for a free option on this site, but it looks complicated.

It should be possible by unlocking the SIM, But i'm pretty sure you would only get 2g data, as the Sprint TP2 doesn't support the bands that US GSM carriers run 3g on, ie. 1900 and 1700.

eric12341 05-18-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruben86 (Post 2178973)

This will be possible around the fall when T-mobile will have refarmed a large portion of their HSPA(+) network to the PCS Band.

elesbb 05-18-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gullzway (Post 2178975)
It should be possible by unlocking the SIM, But i'm pretty sure you would only get 2g data, as the Sprint TP2 doesn't support the bands that US GSM carriers run 3g on, ie. 1900 and 1700.

Well from my research, the Sprint version is already SIM unlocked, as when i insert my Tmo sim card, it doesnt ask for a password but i dont see Tmobile in the list of available networks. Which is most likely caused by the Sprint Radio being flashed thus one must flash the Hacked radio found on this forum. But you must be security unlocked which costs money(Olipro's website)
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2179074)
This will be possible around the fall when T-mobile will have refarmed a large portion of their HSPA(+) network to the PCS Band.

Why would they do that?! I love how it is now, i feel like if they switched to PCS it wouldnt be as fast. Plus if they switch wouldnt that put all current HSDPA HSPA+ phones useless?

eric12341 05-20-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb (Post 2179090)
Well from my research, the Sprint version is already SIM unlocked, as when i insert my Tmo sim card, it doesnt ask for a password but i dont see Tmobile in the list of available networks. Which is most likely caused by the Sprint Radio being flashed thus one must flash the Hacked radio found on this forum. But you must be security unlocked which costs money(Olipro's website)

Why would they do that?! I love how it is now, i feel like if they switched to PCS it wouldnt be as fast. Plus if they switch wouldnt that put all current HSDPA HSPA+ phones useless?

They're doing it so they can unofficially provide the iPhone as well as other GSM phones and to expand coverage. It is my understanding that the current phones will continue to work as they are today, only the newer T-mobile phones and unlocked GSM phones will be able to take advantage of the refarm, if in any event where there's no 3G coverage on 1700/2100mhz then it will fallback to use 3G on the more crowded PCS band instead of going to 2G.

Kane3162 05-21-2012 02:25 AM

I wouldn't mind paying for the unlock, but the latest radio (which when I used my TP2) came out (VZW) and there was no-one to WF the damn thing... and it worked wonders for Sprint/Roam (Verizon) handling... and support for the unlock? Not a chance... (I asked a question, never got an answer...)

Either way, glad to see the TP2 still has users, such a great dev community back when I used it...

elesbb 05-24-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane3162 (Post 2179276)
I wouldn't mind paying for the unlock, but the latest radio (which when I used my TP2) came out (VZW) and there was no-one to WF the damn thing... and it worked wonders for Sprint/Roam (Verizon) handling... and support for the unlock? Not a chance... (I asked a question, never got an answer...)

Either way, glad to see the TP2 still has users, such a great dev community back when I used it...

well im unlocking it for a friend. But I actually purchased the software from htc-unlocks.com and sent olipro a pm over at xda developers im kinda pissed that they still have the site up and running but it doesn't even have support yet. Hell they should just release it if they won't support it.

elesbb 05-24-2012 10:18 PM

So i ended up spending the cash. I got the software and everything is working wonderously. It even works on tmobile while in android :D sweetness