PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: boost

mani11 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
VoIP app

Folks,

I recently bought the TP2 and activated it on boost. I like the phone, but Ih ave VOIP problems - I have tried reading as much as I can about this (as you can see from the apps I have tried out), but nothign works!

I have tried just about every VOIP app that is available (the WM inbuilt app, PortGo, Skype, Nimbuzz, SJPhone, AGEmobile, AdorePhone, Fring) - bottom line is nothing works.

With Skype - it just doesn't launch (even after hard resets and re-installs)

Everything other than PortGo - One way sound (either I can hear but not transmit in some apps, or in some others, I can transmit but hearnothing)

PortGo - sound comes out of the speaker. It barely works (sometimes it doesn't), but this is the best I have.

Can someone please help me fix either the one way sound issue or make PortGo come out of the earpiece (yes, the earpiece option is on)?

Thanks so much!
Old 05-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: boost
Threadstarter

mani11 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: VoIP app

I even tried out AudioSwitch to see if that helps with PortGo, but that doesn't either...
Old 05-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

I would recommend putting android on your device and use GrooveIP. I use it and love it. No issues at all. WinMo is just dead and nobody wants to take the time to solve problems anymore.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

hm, I have no problems using voip in WM...

I use portsip to receive calls, Google voice going to sipgate, portsip connecting to sipgate to get the call

to make calls, I use GOV app, it basically opens google voice's webpage and I can make calls/text from it. So I dial number through that app, the google dials that number and dials back to sipgate and I answer it with portsip. The other end just sees the google call like normal

anyhow it's how I can get past the calls limit because it works on sprint's unlimited data/wifi. Not that I ever hit 500 minutes but it helps when I'm inside brick builds with wifi. Calls are clear too

Last edited by EyeB; 05-27-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:57 PM

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeB View Post
hm, I have no problems using voip in WM...

I use portsip to receive calls, Google voice going to sipgate, portsip connecting to sipgate to get the call

to make calls, I use GOV app, it basically opens google voice's webpage and I can make calls/text from it. So I dial number through that app, the google dials that number and dials back to sipgate and I answer it with portsip. The other end just sees the google call like normal

anyhow it's how I can get past the calls limit because it works on sprint's unlimited data/wifi. Not that I ever hit 500 minutes but it helps when I'm inside brick builds with wifi. Calls are clear too
I couldnt get those working, congrats xP i tried them
Old 05-28-2012, 12:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

what part cant you get working? I don't have problems and i could maybe talk you through what I do
Old 05-28-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeB View Post
what part cant you get working? I don't have problems and i could maybe talk you through what I do
Thanks buti dont use my TP2 anymore, i use my HD2. Plus i use android on my TP2 when i do use it. And it was something wrong with portsip, it wasnt forwarding my calls properly and it wouldnt connect. I actually had the same problem in android, so i just coughed up the 4 bucks for GrooveIP and have no problems what so ever. But thanks for the help!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2