PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 10:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

kf4qhk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Go back to WinMO or can I fix the Droid root?

Hey guys,

I have the TP2 and for the past 7 or so months, I have been running the Android version. It's done OK - many apps quit working after a while, and the GPS and MMS never worked. I love the texting layout, and love the fact that I can integrate it with Google.

I got my replace TP2 right before I rooted it, and had a back up that had my old numbers and texts. However, it screwed up the phone so that I cannot text from the WINMO side (unless I receive a text first.) When I try to open up texting, it doesn't work.

So, I run exclusively in android.

It's been powering off quite a bit, randomly.

I am thinking about going back to the WinMO side of the phone - but, not sure.

Here is what I would ideally like to have:

If I did go back to WinMO, I'd love to find a way to sync my 933 contacts from Gmail into the WinMO address book. I'd also like to sync my text messages, if possible, so I can keep them.

I want to use my phone as a GPS, receive email from multiple accounts, and use pandora and a running Application (gps tracking for weight loss.) Going forward, I will be using this phone for facebook as well.

I don't know what version of the Android root that I have.

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much for all that you do!

Jeremy
Old 04-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Go back to WinMO or can I fix the Droid root?

I've never tried this method, but a quick google search came up with this:

Setting up your Windows Mobile phone for Google Sync - Google Mobile Help

I don't think you can sync your texts from Android though, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I can tell you though that if you have a lot (like a thousand or more) texts, your phone won't take it well. I usually had to keep my inbox clean to keep it speedy and responsive. So I think that's possibly why your phone stopped working prior to Android. The email, GPS, Pandora, and Facebook usage won't be a problem on WinMo though. Although I would recommend staying away from the WinMo Facebook app, it's total crap. You're better off using m.facebook.com or touch.facebook.com.

As far as running Android, if you'd like to keep using that, I would say start with a fresh install. It's not uncommon for the build to just stop working. After a few weeks or so, I would also get the "process.acore" force close message and have to start over again.

Anyways good luck in whichever OS you choose.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

kf4qhk is a n00b

I don't get any process messages (most of the time," but, it's occasionally freezing, but more so, just power cycling. Argh.

Will I lose everything with the fresh install?

Jeremy
Old 05-05-2012, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchstickredgti View Post
I've never tried this method, but a quick google search came up with this:

Setting up your Windows Mobile phone for Google Sync - Google Mobile Help

I don't think you can sync your texts from Android though, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I can tell you though that if you have a lot (like a thousand or more) texts, your phone won't take it well. I usually had to keep my inbox clean to keep it speedy and responsive. So I think that's possibly why your phone stopped working prior to Android. The email, GPS, Pandora, and Facebook usage won't be a problem on WinMo though. Although I would recommend staying away from the WinMo Facebook app, it's total crap. You're better off using m.facebook.com or touch.facebook.com.

As far as running Android, if you'd like to keep using that, I would say start with a fresh install. It's not uncommon for the build to just stop working. After a few weeks or so, I would also get the "process.acore" force close message and have to start over again.

Anyways good luck in whichever OS you choose.

This usually fixes the acore issue.
Go offline Go to Settings > Applications > All > Google Services Framework, hit Force Stop Go back a level, go to Gmail, hit Force Stop and Clear Data Go back a level, go to Contacts, hit Force Stop and Clear Data Go back a level, go to Contacts Storage, hit Force Stop and Clear Data Repeat steps 2, 4 and 5 for good measure Reboot, just to be safe
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2