PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

bgranowitz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is your Bing still working???

My HTC TP2\Windows Mobile 6.5 is experiencing the same problem. Whenever I try to seach I get "Sorry, we cannot complete your search. Please check your connection and try again."

Bing worked great for a long time. I can't think of any change I made to my phone that would have caused this.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Bing.

I've downloaded bing from m.bing.com\downloads to make sure I had the most recent version, uninstalled Bing and reinstalled it.

I've tried Bing on my data copnnection, WiFi, both.

I backup my phone w Rescoe Backup. As a drastic step, I wiped my phone, restored to a backup from 10/2011 (6 mopnths ago) and I have the same problem.

Anyone have any ideas? Bing was\is a tool I relied on.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

From what I have heard, Microsoft is dropping support for us Windows Mobile users. Sadly, this includes Bing with Navigation. There are some that are having success with WAZE, or you can run Android on your TP2 and use the native navigation. It works very well thanks to the hard work of our developers here. Special thanks to ACL and Arrrghhh who offer awesome support.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

UPDATE: I have been testing out WAZE navigation here, and it is actually a pretty decent alternative. With all the bing users coming over to WAZE, their servers are being overloaded. They are taking steps to overcome that issue. Those wanting to give it a try can download the cab here. Be patient when installing and registering, a white screen does not mean that the application has crashed. In a few minutes, you will be on your way.

WAZE NAVIGATION
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Once more M$ gives the shaft!
Old 05-06-2012, 12:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

WTF?? Why cant they leave stuff alone? I mean this is like making XP stop working the same day they EOL it. I mean i never really used Bing for nav cause the two times i did it got me so lost it wasnt funny (i only use nav to get me some place ive never been), but then even Sprint nav isnt that accurate. But first Windows Live which was great for movies, and now Bing? WTF man...

Makes you wonder if they will push a time bomb out so all our WinMo devices stop working. Personally i havent found a phone yet that i would trade my Touch Pro in for, still cant stand looking at the TP2 screen and lack of real black (not overly contrasted) colors for the top and bottom bars.

Last edited by Talon Pro; 05-06-2012 at 12:31 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

SeekMocha is a n00b

And the Netflix mobile manager app is not working. I have an HTC Touch Pro 2 that I purchased just when Mobile 6.5 came out. I was pretty disappointed when all development of new apps for 6.5 stopped with the announcement that Mobile 7 would not be backwards compatible to my phone. Now, after just a few years, Microsoft chooses to disable the Bing location app, the app I use almost every day. I am in the market for a new phone, but I will never, never NEVER buy a phone with any Microsoft operating system on it. Microsoft has total control over Bing and connectivity to Mobile 6.5. Google Maps still works, so I don't see any excuse for cutting off Mobile 6.5 customers after slightly more than 3 years. Not everybody wants to get a new phone every 18 months.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2