PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 07:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: rogers

potatolove is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
battery only lasts 6 hours!! pls help!

i've bought this phone a month or two ago and all i've done to it was unlock it (its from sprint) so i can use it in canada.

I have done absolutely nothing else to it, and all i do with my phone is call and text. i dont do any email check or whatever so all of that data stuff is off. i've tried the simple stuff like setting the brightness to like 40 %?

i dont know anything about this technology stuff and i dont use or need the phone to do anything else really but text and call

i thought it was normal for my phone to only last 6 hours until i bumped into a friend and his phone lasts 2 days!

im just wondering what is wrong? is there any way i can fix it?

thank you!

p.s i have spent time reading in the forum but i dont understand half the stuff mentioned because im new to the terminology and stuff sorry!
Old 02-14-2010, 07:10 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: battery only lasts 6 hours!! pls help!

Maybe your TP2 is eating too much pottoes in CA no really, 6 hours is a joke even with all turned on like bluetooth,wifi...have u done a hard reset??make sure you get a back up software before you do that.
How is the TP2 doing in CA? besides the battery issue?
Old 02-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatolove View Post
i dont know anything about this technology stuff and i dont use or need the phone to do anything else really but text and call
And you bought a TP2 for that? Hope you didn't pay a lot. These things can do so much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatolove View Post
i thought it was normal for my phone to only last 6 hours until i bumped into a friend and his phone lasts 2 days!
Under the same usage you do, Or maybe he doesn't get many calls or messages. If my phone sits idle and I don't use it at all, I think I can stretch it a day at the most. There are tweaks (little things you can do to improve performance or battery life) I always put my phone on charge when I am home.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

+1 for the hard reset. My TP2 lasts at least 18 hours. Thats with heavy usage (push mail, slacker radio, opera, facebook). Something must be eating your battery damn quick. Is the phone maybe roaming? That could be the only way I see it lasting 6 hours
Old 02-14-2010, 07:42 PM
DaFlowMaster

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Indeed, could be signal is weak or in an out constantely.May need a better radio,just maybe
Old 02-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st View Post
Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

+1 for the hard reset. My TP2 lasts at least 18 hours. Thats with heavy usage (push mail, slacker radio, opera, facebook). Something must be eating your battery damn quick. Is the phone maybe roaming? That could be the only way I see it lasting 6 hours
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
Indeed, could be signal is weak or in an out constantely.May need a better radio,just maybe
i agree with a hard reset as well. however i get very poor signal, anywhere from no bars to one bar at my house, and with very light usage my can last up to 3 days on one charge, sometimes longer if its very very light usage. and i am using the stock radio as well

i'd say hard reset, then make sure to keep your data (3g) off when not using it. if you are using manila the weather update could be set to automatic...however that alone would not kill your phone in 6 hours.

you could also try draining your battery down till the phones dies, then turn the phone off and charge it full, then turn it on, leave it plugged in until the green light stays on when the phone is on. there are also programs that can be used to drain your battery however i forget where they are
Old 02-15-2010, 02:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

first off, when you open a bunch of programs, they can run in the background and need to be closed for the best battery life, using hte "X" in the upper corner. Doing hte hard reset like everyone suggests will do this, it's just like your home computer, you wouldn't open a bunch of programs at once and not close any of them right?

Install these two cabs in this thread, tehy will reduce the memory usage, reducing how much the phone is doing stuff in the background. Read what "no push internet" does before you install it.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=cabs+save
Old 02-15-2010, 02:53 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

don't forget that a sprint tp2 will push opera as well. could be the biggest culprit, cont. internet.
you really need to run the cleanup cab from the sticky section GT4L's cab.
i did that and installed mobile shell and my phone lasts fine.

p.s. how much do you talk on it? it only has like a 4-5 hour rated talk time. you can get a backup battery and cradle on ebay so you always have an extra charged.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: rogers
Threadstarter

potatolove is a n00b

i hardly talk on it to be honest its like maybe an hour or 2 max!
i just text most of the time but i dont text a lot either....

sorry how do i do hard reset? and how do i stop roaming? (im not sure what that is)
sorry
i just need this to be a phone not some amazing technological thing =.=

thanks for your help!!
i appreciate it ver much!
Old 02-15-2010, 04:35 PM
DaFlowMaster

Unless you can get a back up program, dont do a hard reset coz you will lose all the things you added to the phone after you got it.
Settings/Clear storage will hard reset the phone,make sure you do some reading before you pull the trigger...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2