PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 07:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

kc0iet is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Sprint TP2 - Facebook Album + Help!

I am new here! What an awesome forum.

I just got my new - used TP2 and I have fought, searched, and read for many hours; all to no avail. I have the Sprint 6.5 Rom. I have the most current Facebook app I could find (1.1.0.26 from 2010) but the Online Albums will not open.

If anyone could help me fix this, I would really appreciate it.

ALSO, in trying to fix this - I uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Twice I forgot to take the quick link out of my home screen tabs on TouchFlo, so now I have two empty tabs that I cannot put anything in. Any suggestions?

I would like to possibly try one of the custom ROM's from here, that might fix all of my issues, but I have never done anything like that. If anyone could offer me some detailed KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) instructions, that would be GR8.

THANK YOU SO MUCH
Old 03-08-2012, 07:45 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Sprint TP2 - Facebook Album + Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0iet View Post
I am new here! What an awesome forum.

I just got my new - used TP2 and I have fought, searched, and read for many hours; all to no avail. I have the Sprint 6.5 Rom. I have the most current Facebook app I could find (1.1.0.26 from 2010) but the Online Albums will not open.

If anyone could help me fix this, I would really appreciate it.

ALSO, in trying to fix this - I uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Twice I forgot to take the quick link out of my home screen tabs on TouchFlo, so now I have two empty tabs that I cannot put anything in. Any suggestions?

I would like to possibly try one of the custom ROM's from here, that might fix all of my issues, but I have never done anything like that. If anyone could offer me some detailed KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) instructions, that would be GR8.

THANK YOU SO MUCH
It may be that the Facebook App isn't compatible with newer changes to the Facebook website. I suggest you use your Opera Browser and go to the mobile version of the Facebook website.

Can't you just delete the quick link you created to clear it?

To install a custom rom I recommend you go the CDMA Touch Pro 2 Upgrades forum and do lots of reading. You need to install the RhodiumW HSPL Unlocker first here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...w-hardspl.html

Last edited by horndoctor; 03-08-2012 at 07:48 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kc0iet is a n00b

No, it will not allow me to do ANYTHING with the empty boxes for the quick links.

Yes, I can access facebook, with the app or on m.facebook, but the whole ROM is supposed to enterface with FB and the online albums. The links are in the contacts, and the photo album. This was an issue when 6.5 first rolled out. There are lots of fixes here for this issue for the original build, which replaced a dll file. BUT this does not work either, the dll file that I found here (and the CAB's) are older than the version that is on the phone.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2

woldemariam is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

i have owned the TP2 for years now and i have never gotten Facebook album to open within touchflow.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Facebook app never worked that well for me.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:32 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

I think the Facebook albums worked once for me in sense but that's about it. The latest Facebook app was released in Jan 2011 so as such it only supports Facebook features up to that date.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:31 AM
VIP Member

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The 6.5 Sprint ROM has issues with the Facebook album (I'm assuming you're talking about HTC Sense) and it does not have to do with any .dll files. It has to do with a few registry entries. Just in case you don't know, the Facebook app you speak of that's by Microsoft has nothing to do with the Facebook integration with HTC Sense in the phone. I do recommend going to a custom ROM, since it will have the Facebook fixes built in, and will have the newer social networking packages (most likely).

Go the to following thread and follow the steps they mention in the first post:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...w-hardspl.html

After this, you should be able to flash the custom ROMs that are on this forum. I usually try to make mine simple and straight forward to install and so do most others.

Hope that helps!
Old 03-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kc0iet is a n00b

Thank You. I will start reading the thread in the link you provided. So, are you saying that if I use a custom ROM that the Facebook Album features will work? Perhaps I was not clear in my original post. By facebook albums, here is what I mean;

In my contacts, there is a link to open Facebookk Online Album. When you click on this it is supposed to open your friends online facebook photos. With my phone, it will open a list of the persons Facebook Albums, from there you choose which folder (album) you would like to see and it opens the 'Albums' photo viewer on the phone - but that is as far as it goes. It is supposed to load their pictures from there, and it does not - just an X (or an 0). ALSO, the phone is supposed to grab everyone's profile photo for the phonebook contracts. It does not do that either.

SO, Is there a custom ROM out there that will allow these features to work? Can you recommend a ROM that works well, not too buggy, etc. ALSO, can the phone be changed back to Sprint ROM if so desired at a later time.

THANKS SO MUCH
Old 03-16-2012, 12:26 PM
VIP Member

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0iet View Post
Thank You. I will start reading the thread in the link you provided. So, are you saying that if I use a custom ROM that the Facebook Album features will work? Perhaps I was not clear in my original post. By facebook albums, here is what I mean;

In my contacts, there is a link to open Facebookk Online Album. When you click on this it is supposed to open your friends online facebook photos. With my phone, it will open a list of the persons Facebook Albums, from there you choose which folder (album) you would like to see and it opens the 'Albums' photo viewer on the phone - but that is as far as it goes. It is supposed to load their pictures from there, and it does not - just an X (or an 0). ALSO, the phone is supposed to grab everyone's profile photo for the phonebook contracts. It does not do that either.

SO, Is there a custom ROM out there that will allow these features to work? Can you recommend a ROM that works well, not too buggy, etc. ALSO, can the phone be changed back to Sprint ROM if so desired at a later time.

THANKS SO MUCH
Yes, most custom ROMs should have this issue fixed. I know that I fixed this issue in mine. That being said, the actual HTC facebook has problems with some peoples profiles. I noticed that I could not view any albums at all for some people and that was just a compatibility issue with Sense and Facebook. IF you can't view online albums at all, then you need the fix. You can try any of the custom ROMS in the CDMA Development forum. I don't like recommending my own ROM over other peoples' ROMS, because we all make unique ROMS to everyones' tastes, so try a few and see.

When you want to go back to the stock ROM, you will find a link to it here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...ml#post1254815

The second to last is WM 6.1 and the last is WM 6.5. Good luck!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
album, facebook, touch flo