PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 02:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

dumdedumda is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Least Battery consuming Rom for TP2?

Just recently installed Energy Rom along with all the Battery Saving Cabs and even the Telus Radio rom; I still find that it consumes twice the battery usage than the Mighty Rom I had before.

Bottom line question: Could members suggest which rom might consume the least battery usage? Would appreciate it.

Mods, if i've posted in the wrong area please move my thread to the correct section. Thanks
Old 02-06-2012, 02:49 AM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; ADR6400L Build/FRG83D; ThunderShed-v1.2_CM7.2.0) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Your in the right section. My advice is to try several of them out and test for yourself. Depending on setup, every devices battery life will vary.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:18 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Least Battery consuming Rom for TP2?

My experience is that with the more eye candy and things installed /cooked into each rom, the more battery life it will drain. Consider a light rom such as LEAD ROM lite version @elesbb user rom, or even the sprint basics rom by @scrosler, I usually had the most battery life with those roms.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800 - Tinkerbell's 29019 Rom
Carrier: Verizon

buddysousa is keeping up the good workbuddysousa is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

true. when there is more to look at, i tend to leave on the screen longer which drains the battery more
Old 02-07-2012, 01:23 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I really think whatever rom you use if you apply some known power management tweaks and turn off auto updating items such as quickgps, facebook, push mail, weather, stocks, etc. you should have decent battery life. I like to manually update these things so I can have more control. Setting a lower setting and a shorter dim and power off for the backlight is big also.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I know it sounds crazy, but myself and others have noticed when overclocked, battery was significantly better. I was usually using one of the 6.5 Energy ROM builds. I'll have to see if I can find which overclocking thread it was but I was shocked that lots of people were reporting that.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchstickredgti
I know it sounds crazy, but myself and others have noticed when overclocked, battery was significantly better. I was usually using one of the 6.5 Energy ROM builds. I'll have to see if I can find which overclocking thread it was but I was shocked that lots of people were reporting that.
I didn't really notice much of a hit while overclocked.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

dumdedumda is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchstickredgti View Post

The response has been enormous -- thanks to everyone who contributed. Matchstickredgti, if you could check which build it is that would be great.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

something that I've been doing in place of the push email is forwarding my emails to gmail to a text message to phone, I can even respond to it through phone but they'll get my phone text address instead of email address or I can open gmail in browser and send it there

Anyways this lets me know when I get the email as soon as it goes to inbox, faster than push email (it's real time and not every set amount of time) and phone doesn't have to do a thing to wait for email
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

^^^ Cool idea eyeb!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2