PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 01:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

allusion is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So it has been a year or so

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
If you searched the forum (this one , the general forum) there were others looking for the MightyRom . WM development has gotten pretty crappy lately , lots of people are porting over to Android . You may want to PM the devs of the ROM or see if others have the files on their hard drive yet , i would do the later of the two before PMing devs.
gotcha was just doing google in general trying to cover here, xda, and any other sites, but i will take a second look

Quote:
But if you have an idea for a ROM i am a chef and could cook you up something basic . just PM me the details of your ROM and i'll see what i can do
oh it will be a little while before i'm done with my idea, i originally started a thread where I was making images of a basic idea of what I was looking for
(lol basically starting the project a$$ backwards, good old reverse engineering style of learning of mine)

but it made for so much work, I did more research and asking around for some basic tools to make it more pratical

my first step now coming back in, is to really try out a range of roms, see what apps, tweaks, exc i like and make a list of what I want out of the phone
then once I get the list made, then I can take a look into layout of the rom, then after layout has been set then work on style

i'm not sure if you have seen any of my other post from here and xda but at one time when I was first interested in this I was working hard at it
but then i got distracted by rl and other projects
but i'm back to my phone again
so step 1 check out a nice range of roms lol
step 2 will worry about once i get past step 1 lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
so OP when you say the roms do not work, do you mean the links are dead? if so im sure alot of it has to do with the government shutting those hosting sites down. also keep in mind most of these roms are "years" old now. ill start checking these roms out and if the links are dead we may have to close up the threads or remove the dead links.

i hope im understanding you correctly?
you are understanding me correctly, and alot of the threads have already been closed
just the links have not been removed
i would say half probably used an upload site of some kind for there roms and the other half used various site (either there own or a host) to hold the files to be downloaded

EnergyROM Build 23xxx Sense 2.5 Cookie v2.0 Energy User
EnergyROM Questions? EnergyROM FAQ WIKI Read it or teradog will bite you! Bad Dog!!!!!
WiMoSpeed by iwfratz @ xda-developers - Overclocking for your TouchPro2
Old 02-05-2012, 01:37 AM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

yeah ive removed whatever links that were dead. i assume were going to end up finding that alot on these older rom threads . if you guys come across any pm myself or another mod.

Last edited by fixxxer2012; 02-05-2012 at 01:48 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:39 AM
#1 troll!

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Yes the links are dead , i checked them out . Like my links to my roms , many people uploaded to megaupload which is now shut down . Please dont shut down my thread though im working on another ROM as ive made promises to a few people :P
i won't shut anything down unless we get complaints. just make sure you remove the dead links for now.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

allusion is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

ahhhhhh

i wasn't trying to get anything shut down or removed

lol, just trying to get those roms
lol got me afraid to ask for some of the others that still work, if anyone has any of there older versions

i know alot of them updated there roms over time, adding and removing stuff, exc
Old 02-05-2012, 01:52 AM
#1 troll!

well since the links were dead they had to be removed so no confusion would happen. if the devs want they can re-upload and put new links in the thread. i doubt it will happen as the ones you listed were pretty old. no worries man.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2