PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

New Daddy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Best alternative contact manager for TP2?

In an effort to rejuvenate my TP2, which I think still has a couple of years of life left in it, I'm looking for a better contact manager.

I'm looking for the following criteria in a contact manager:
  • Search box : This is a must. T9 search is not enough, because many of my contacts have non-English names. I need to be able to search names/companies in non English characters through a search box
  • Easy scrolling : because of non-English names, A-Z index leaves a lot to be desired in my case. Omnia 2's phonebook is the best in this criterion.
  • Call history / favorites would be nice but not musts
So far, I've tried, Resco Contact, iContact, Pocket Informant, and
Pocket CM, but none of them perfectly matches my criteria. Actually Omnia 2's Phonebook would be a perfect fit, but unfortunately I can't seem to make Omnia 2's Phonebook.cab, which is available on the web for download, work on TP2. (I use Spb Mobile Shell, so Touch Flo's native contact manager, which is another very good option, is not an option for me, unless you can use it outside of Touch Flo, which I believe is not possible.)

Unless I can make Omnia 2's Phonebook or Touch Flo's contact manager work on TP2 outside of Touch Flo, I'd need a better alternative contact manager.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-31-2012, 01:05 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Best alternative contact manager for TP2?

Found a few you might try:

Nektra Advanced Computing | products / nektra-windows-mobile-contact-manager

or:

Iconsoft - Home

or maybe:

Essential Contax Professional - Windows Mobile contact management for business
Old 01-31-2012, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

New Daddy is a n00b

Thanks for the suggestions, but these won't fit the bill. Some of them don't even cater to WVGA-phones like TP2. The Iconsoft's PhoneEx looks line a good product, in and of itself, but like many others that I mentioned, lack the key search box feature.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:32 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Daddy View Post
Thanks for the suggestions, but these won't fit the bill. Some of them don't even cater to WVGA-phones like TP2. The Iconsoft's PhoneEx looks line a good product, in and of itself, but like many others that I mentioned, lack the key search box feature.
You might be interested in this too:

frida.sk

VGA versions should work. Especially if you install the WGA FIx on XDA here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...7&d=1251165483
Old 01-31-2012, 02:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

what about sharkie's rom? it might be a 6.5 rom thing but his rom has this built in

see my screenshot below
You can see search bar at top, the four buttons at bottom, the one with the red phone is the call history

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg802...png&res=medium
Old 01-31-2012, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

New Daddy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
what about sharkie's rom? it might be a 6.5 rom thing but his rom has this built in

see my screenshot below
You can see search bar at top, the four buttons at bottom, the one with the red phone is the call history

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg802...png&res=medium
This contact manager looks beautiful and may be just what I'm looking for. Is it possible to have the contact manager in a .CAB format, without having to install the entire ROM?
Old 02-01-2012, 12:44 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

No I doubt it.
It's the Manila/Sense Contact software that's built in to 6.5 and 6.5.x Manila/Sense interface that you said you didn't want to use because you wanted to use SPB Mobile Shell. It's skinned very nice by Sharkie.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

hm if it is just the contact manager, you could use rom with spb shell
I havent used it before, but even without the manilla contacts tab, the contacts manager on the rom has the search on it, the call history can be found outside of tab interface as well
Old 02-01-2012, 05:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6875
Carrier: verizon

blurash is a n00b

thanks for your share.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2