PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 08:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

imzack is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Text delays with new rom...

Upgraded to the Blackout Rom on the front page on the cdma site. But now i dont always recieve texts untill i turn my phone on from sleep mode... then i start getting my text messages...

Anyone know whats up?

Thanks

zack
Old 01-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Text delays with new rom...

Might not be an issue with the rom because roms don't affect service (I had blackout rom before and was getting texts just fine) it may be an issue with the sprint network in ur area.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:03 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; ADR6400L Build/FRG83D; ThunderShed-v1.2_CM7.2.0) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Agreed it may be sprints service not the rom or phone.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:15 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

I suggest you flash the latest sprint shipped rom and hard reset then verify texts are working properly and then reflash blackout rom again if you want.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

imzack is a n00b

ok, ill give that a shot... its just that ive never had problems before

I put my phone outta sleep mode and then i recieve texts that have time stamps on them from a coupld hours ago...

Sometimes my phone will turn on outta sleep mode and nothing happens, like its about to get a text, then it doesnt...

BUt ill flash back to stock, then back to blackrom, unless anyone else has anyother suggestions....
Old 02-07-2012, 02:46 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imzack
ok, ill give that a shot... its just that ive never had problems before

I put my phone outta sleep mode and then i recieve texts that have time stamps on them from a coupld hours ago...

Sometimes my phone will turn on outta sleep mode and nothing happens, like its about to get a text, then it doesnt...

BUt ill flash back to stock, then back to blackrom, unless anyone else has anyother suggestions....
Also, did you install any power saving tweaks or modify power management in any way other than the way it is set by the rom? Or a different locking app? If so, those may cause your issue.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: intel
Carrier: microcoft

Phyllis2011you is a n00b

Thanks for sharing.WOW...do I feel fortunate!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2