PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Any tablets that can tether off TP2?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148888)

mountainwampus 01-28-2012 12:07 PM

Any tablets that can tether off TP2??

I'm looking to buy a Tablet that is capable of tethering using XDA-Wifi hot spot. I already tried tethering to another TP2 running Android and it couldn't connect. Something about it being an "ad hoc" connection. I tested it on a friends iPad, and it worked, but I'd like something cheaper. Any suggestions?

Sc/ant864 01-28-2012 03:29 PM

Per arrrghhh and my own experience if you want to hotspot tether use xda in WM. Wifi tethering in android is a PITA although cabled tethering in android works well.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/GBX0B via PPCG app

EyeB 01-28-2012 03:34 PM

Re: Any tablets that can tether off TP2??

use WiFI Ad Hoc Enabler on android tablet to get it to work on ad hoc :S can't testify to this since don't have android tablet at moment... but seems to work for other people from google search

horndoctor 01-31-2012 02:37 AM

You'll have to replace the wpa supplicant file on your Android Tablet to enable Ad Hoc Network connections.

blurash 02-01-2012 05:55 AM

thanks for your share.

azz777 03-29-2012 12:21 PM

even with WiFI Ad Hoc Enable, it only allows to connect to ad hoc wifi without encrytion. tp2 wireless router has to use encryption

Erythros 04-06-2012 05:16 AM

The "simplest" method is to install XDAndroid on your TP2. Use it as a Wifi hotspot. Anything can connect to it. .....When Done........Reboot to WinMo.
This method works without having to download anything else or change any setting on any other device or the TP2.

swlaraut 04-06-2012 11:18 PM

I have a Nextbook 7 I picked up at big lots for 100$. It's rooted using finless bobs ROM over at freaktab forum. On the same forum you can get a supplicant that will let you see the TP2's adhoc connection. For the price it's pretty amazing.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

swlaraut 04-06-2012 11:18 PM

Oop's double post, can't remove with tapatalk :(.

mountainwampus 04-11-2012 02:51 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions. I ended up getting a used HP Touchpad ($150, I know, they were only $100 in the firesale but well worth much more IMO.). Right now, I'm tethering off the TP2 using XDAndroid FRX7.1, which seems to be working fine. I may attempt to apply a patch for Ad Hoc networks so I can use the WM wifi router, but for now, this works fine. I'm also going to try one of the Android distros for the TouchPad eventually. So many options. I actually like webOS so far.

azz777 04-21-2012 11:35 PM

how you guys are able to use touchpad with wifi from TP2 using XDAndroid FRX7.1, I couldn't get it to work with two tp2. any complete guide? TIA.
FOR swlaraut, how can you get a supplicant to see the TP2's adhoc connection as supplicant need no encryption and TP2 htc wireless router needs to input WEP? TIA

zzvelik 08-10-2012 12:00 PM

Has anyone been able to tether their TP2 with the new Google Nexus 7 tablet? The Nexus won't recognize the SSID broadcast from on my TP2 WifiRouter. I called Google support and they told me that the phone has to broadcast a 2.4GHz signal. I'm not sure what type of signal is being broadcast on the TP2. I'm wondering if there is a solution for this as the Asus Transformer and my laptop have no problems finding my TP2's SSID. Thanks in advance

EyeB 08-10-2012 03:05 PM

[How-To] adhoc tethering fix for webos/cm7/cm9 - HP Touchpad - RootzWiki

there's an app for android on that thread that might help, i use it on my touchpad with my tp2. not the same but if you cant find anythign else, could give it a shot

boredandtattooed 08-10-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzvelik (Post 2184694)
Has anyone been able to tether their TP2 with the new Google Nexus 7 tablet? The Nexus won't recognize the SSID broadcast from on my TP2 WifiRouter. I called Google support and they told me that the phone has to broadcast a 2.4GHz signal. I'm not sure what type of signal is being broadcast on the TP2. I'm wondering if there is a solution for this as the Asus Transformer and my laptop have no problems finding my TP2's SSID. Thanks in advance

Just need a modified WPA-supplicant file... Their all over... Make sure to back up the stock one first... Must be rooted to paste over the file

zzvelik 08-11-2012 09:55 AM

Thanks for the responses. I had already found out that it has to be rooted. Haven't done that for a while, but there are lots of info on the process. I was just wishing for a simple solution. I was also told by a techie that a repeater that rebroadcasts in 2.4GHz, like the TP Link Nano Router, should work. The problem with that is that it's just one more item to lug around. Thanks again