PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

ulysses is keeping up the good workulysses is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ulysses
most basic ROM

so, i've dug my TP2 out of my "misc electronics box" for a project i'd like to tackle. before i start though, i'd like to find the most basic ROM for it. here's what i'm looking for:

i'll be using a pre-paid SIM (phone is already SIM/Sec unlocked, tested with a tmobile SIM, and works)

it will just be used for receiving txts from my main phone. doesn't need to make calls, data's not needed.

i'll need to be able to set it where it'll only "notify" when the txt is from my phone. (i know stock ROM can)

if i could set it to where it'll go into "airplane mode" between the hours of xx-xx to conserve battery life, that would be GREAT.

the longer the batt life i can get on it, the better. it will stay in my car, and the 12v ports in the car are already being used. (maybe down the road i'll splice a charger into the car's 12v and just keep it somewhere in the trunk.

thank you,
-U
Old 01-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: most basic ROM

I think any Titanium ROM would work for you
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Are you setting up a TP2 to be a remote car starter????

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

That would be awesome!! No more freezing car in the morning!!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Are you setting up a TP2 to be a remote car starter????
why yes i am.....

i'm still looking for a super lite ROM though... loooonnnggggg bat life, EVERYTHING except sms and phone STRIPPED... then i'm planning to set it where it'll play a ringtone when ONLY my number txts it.
i'd like to have a cable plugged in the headphone jack..
then.... (if all goes to plan since i don't have much experience with 555timers, yet), the 555 circuit will send a signal to my second FOB to "lock", and after a second or two, another signal to "start".....
i currently have "12.08.10.NackedNeo-21914" installed. i couldn't find the genY rom.

-u
Old 01-11-2012, 03:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysses View Post
why yes i am.....

i'm still looking for a super lite ROM though... loooonnnggggg bat life, EVERYTHING except sms and phone STRIPPED... then i'm planning to set it where it'll play a ringtone when ONLY my number txts it.
i'd like to have a cable plugged in the headphone jack..
then.... (if all goes to plan since i don't have much experience with 555timers, yet), the 555 circuit will send a signal to my second FOB to "lock", and after a second or two, another signal to "start".....
i currently have "12.08.10.NackedNeo-21914" installed. i couldn't find the genY rom.

-u
HERE are Calkulins Gen Y stripped ROM's... about as basic as it gets
Old 01-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

hm, you could try an extended battery for life...
but if all you want is a response from a text message and all... why not use a pager? those things lasts weeks before charging lol, and basically, that's the only things that they do.

Last edited by EyeB; 01-11-2012 at 09:53 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
HERE are Calkulins Gen Y stripped ROM's... about as basic as it gets
thank you VERY much, i'll check it out.... is there anything that i need to do provisioning wise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
hm, you could try an extended battery for life...
but if all you want is a response from a text message and all... why not use a pager? those things lasts weeks before charging lol, and basically, that's the only things that they do.
i thought about it, but i wouldn't want some wrong number to page it and start the car... i know, it's a fat chance, but still... at least with the phone, i'd be able to have it ignore all numbers except mine..
Old 01-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

on pagers you can do that as well... i mean limit who can call it.
since pagers are setup with a phone company, just call them and say only let this number page it

I'm not sure how to do this, but you could probably rig part of the electrical wire to a usb port (so you can leave smoke thing open for other things to charge) and plug phone into that consistantly. This way you'll charge it when engine is on and battery wont be a concern. In the winter time it'll cause phone some problems because of freezing temperatures though.

but why not just buy a remote starter for car if you want this? I mean I've seen people rig phones to doors to unlock via bluetooth signal but they have remote starters for cars already, and fairly cheap :S at least for same price as a tp2 would go for

edit: if you are using it via bluetooth, you wouldn't need text message (no monthly fee on phone) to cut down on costs... the range is a lot more limited though.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
on pagers you can do that as well... i mean limit who can call it.
since pagers are setup with a phone company, just call them and say only let this number page it

I'm not sure how to do this, but you could probably rig part of the electrical wire to a usb port (so you can leave smoke thing open for other things to charge) and plug phone into that consistantly. This way you'll charge it when engine is on and battery wont be a concern. In the winter time it'll cause phone some problems because of freezing temperatures though.

but why not just buy a remote starter for car if you want this? I mean I've seen people rig phones to doors to unlock via bluetooth signal but they have remote starters for cars already, and fairly cheap :S at least for same price as a tp2 would go for

edit: if you are using it via bluetooth, you wouldn't need text message (no monthly fee on phone) to cut down on costs... the range is a lot more limited though.
well, right now, what i'm looking at is a pre-paid account through tmobile, pay as you go.... $10 is good for 90 days. i'll have to check on pager services.
as for the remote start, i have that, but at work, i park a good 1/4+ mile from the building/area i work out of, and it'd be nice to start it when i'm leaving, so my car is nice and toasty when i get in..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2