PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

comics10 is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Sliding keyboard, no landscape

My phone has stopped switching to landscape mode when I slide open the keyboard. If I tilt the phone, it will switch to landscape mode because of the G-sensor but it will not recognize that the keyboard is out. When I close the keyboard it will switch for a second to landscape mode and then right back to portrait so whatever the magnetic sensor is obviously works but is slightly off or something. Can anyone help me please?
Old 10-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Sliding keyboard, no landscape

yea if it isn't switching then there definitely is a problem with the mechanism that's in charge of that. to verify for sure try performing a hard reset using clear storage or re-flash the stock ROM.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

I agree Eric, it sounds like a hardware problem. Comics10, try opening the keyboard and then pulling it closed just slightly. Does your device change to landscape in this position?

Old 10-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

well i would first check to see if the keyboard lights are coming on , if they are then I highly dout its hardware related , but if they don't come on then I would say it is . So id start there , and tinks idea seems like something I would try as well .
Old 10-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by comics10 View Post
My phone has stopped switching to landscape mode when I slide open the keyboard. If I tilt the phone, it will switch to landscape mode because of the G-sensor but it will not recognize that the keyboard is out. When I close the keyboard it will switch for a second to landscape mode and then right back to portrait so whatever the magnetic sensor is obviously works but is slightly off or something. Can anyone help me please?
Does the hardware keyboard function normally? Meaning, can you type with it when you slide it out? If not I bet you have a problem with the ribbon cable.

Try what eric suggested.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

comics10 is a n00b

Let me start by saying thank you all for your replies, all very good ideas.

I performed a hard reset, still the same problem.

With the keyboard slid out about halfway the lights on the keyboard come on and the screen switches to landscape mode. However when slid out any more or all the way the screen switches back to normal and the lights on the keyboard turn off.

Like I mentioned, the lights do come on when I slide the keyboard out to a certain point and also when I press the keys.

The keyboard itself seems to function just fine, I can type with no problems, just the screen does not adjust.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by comics10
Let me start by saying thank you all for your replies, all very good ideas.

I performed a hard reset, still the same problem.

With the keyboard slid out about halfway the lights on the keyboard come on and the screen switches to landscape mode. However when slid out any more or all the way the screen switches back to normal and the lights on the keyboard turn off.

Like I mentioned, the lights do come on when I slide the keyboard out to a certain point and also when I press the keys.

The keyboard itself seems to function just fine, I can type with no problems, just the screen does not adjust.
Ok, if you are not running the stock shipped rom then flash it back on and try it. If still no joy then you have a hardware malfunction. Too many variables could cause your issue if you are running a custom rom.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Too many variables could cause your issue if you are running a custom rom.

Ya. a bad flash can leave a bug in your os that can cause it to malfunction or worse

regaurdelss of what rom you are on, stock or otherwise, I sudgest downloading the official tp2 update from the htc website

if your already running stock and have never unlocked or flashed your phone, you can still do this update with out being unlocked.

If its rom related, this should fix it.. it its not... then you'll know thats its hardwear related.
Hopefully it doesnt come to that..
Old 10-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

comics10 is a n00b

I am running the stock rom and have never flashed or unlocked or anything like that...does this mean it is definitely a hardware issue and that I am @#$%ed?

Last edited by Tinkerbell; 10-24-2011 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Applied G Rating
Old 10-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by comics10
I am running the stock rom and have never flashed or unlocked or anything like that...does this mean it is definitely a hardware issue and that I am @#$%ed?
Well...You could try reflashing the shipped rom which will wipe the memory and restore to be absolutely sure but I'm betting you have a hardware issue.

Last edited by Tinkerbell; 10-24-2011 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Applied G Rating

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2