PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Sprint

locobear is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dealing with an unresponsive touch screen

I am dealing with several problems that are starting to make me very angry. First thing that happened was the touch screen on my Sprint HTC TP2 died. I took it to Sprint and they mailed me a "new" TP2. I was hoping to transfer the information from the old phone to the new phone. Apparently the information can't be transferred without use of the touch screen on the broken phone. I took the phone to a Sprint service center and they worked on it for several hours then gave it back to me and said "We cannot retrieve info from the phone without the touch screen operating". so I called Sprint and the next day they sent me to a different technician. Same result...a colossal waste of time. I left my phone with the second technician for several hours and got the same results, "Sorry we cannot access the information in the phone because of the screen dying". So then I tried to access the information thru ActiveSync on my computer and got error messages. I could not figure out a way to access the contacts for a download/transfer of the information.

Meanwhile the "new" phone that was sent to replace the old phone is having problems. The phone will randomly power off when I use the keyboard slide. Sometimes when I open the keyboard, and other times when I shut the keyboard the phone powers off. Very aggravating.

Does anyone have any advice for these problems other than chunking these phones in the garbage and going to look for a new phone service?

Aaaarrrrrggghhh!
Old 01-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Dealing with an unresponsive touch screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by locobear View Post
I am dealing with several problems that are starting to make me very angry. First thing that happened was the touch screen on my Sprint HTC TP2 died. I took it to Sprint and they mailed me a "new" TP2. I was hoping to transfer the information from the old phone to the new phone. Apparently the information can't be transferred without use of the touch screen on the broken phone. I took the phone to a Sprint service center and they worked on it for several hours then gave it back to me and said "We cannot retrieve info from the phone without the touch screen operating". so I called Sprint and the next day they sent me to a different technician. Same result...a colossal waste of time. I left my phone with the second technician for several hours and got the same results, "Sorry we cannot access the information in the phone because of the screen dying". So then I tried to access the information thru ActiveSync on my computer and got error messages. I could not figure out a way to access the contacts for a download/transfer of the information.

Meanwhile the "new" phone that was sent to replace the old phone is having problems. The phone will randomly power off when I use the keyboard slide. Sometimes when I open the keyboard, and other times when I shut the keyboard the phone powers off. Very aggravating.

Does anyone have any advice for these problems other than chunking these phones in the garbage and going to look for a new phone service?

Aaaarrrrrggghhh!
1. You can manipulate your PPC with My Mobiler
http://mymobiler.com/wp-content/plug...nload.php?id=2
Then you can possibley backup and transfer your contacts/files to your new phone.

2. Sounds like your replacement phone is also bad. Take it back to Sprint.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Yeah, the replacement you got sounds bad so I would try to get it replaced immediately.
Use My Mobiler or EveryWAN to retrieve data from your old device.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:17 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

locobear is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergadgets View Post
1. You can manipulate your PPC with My Mobiler
http://mymobiler.com/wp-content/plug...nload.php?id=2
Then you can possibley backup and transfer your contacts/files to your new phone.

2. Sounds like your replacement phone is also bad. Take it back to Sprint.
Thanks for the info on My Mobiler, I will check it out. Too bad the Sprint "technicians" don't have access to a program like My Mobiler. Must be too complicated for them.

Just for general reasons I thought that I would mention that I spent an hour and a half on a phone today with Sprint. They did not want to send me another replacement TP2 until the original faulty TP2 was mailed back to them. I was not happy. I was transferred 4 times during the call. I was on hold for more than an hour of the hour and a half long phone call. In conclusion, they are sending me yet another phone by mail.

I asked Sprint if I could go to the Sprint store located near me tomorrow morning and get a phone but they said "we can't do that". Sprint has a new policy not to provide customers a temporary replacement phone. Nor will they provide the permanent replacement phone at a store.

So last week I had to go to WalMart and buy an AT&T GoPhone when the original TP2 failed to operate. I needed a phone while I waited for the replacement to arrive. Then the replacement TP2 arrives faulty. Back to using my AT&T phone to call Sprint and wait on hold for more than an hour in order to get a phone sent to me by mail.
Unbelievable!

I am running out of minutes on my GoPhone. I might as well keep my AT&T account going at this point. Of course it will cost me hundreds of dollars to get a decent new phone at AT&T. They got me by the short hairs I guess.

The sad part is that most all of the giant phone companies seem to be equally inept. This stuff happens all day long everyday. A phone that is supposed to be convenient can turn into a real inconvenience very quickly.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:29 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

locobear is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Yeah, the replacement you got sounds bad so I would try to get it replaced immediately.
Use My Mobiler or EveryWAN to retrieve data from your old device.

I forgot to mention that my phone is running Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional and was synced to Outlook through my email at work. Should that be problematic? The Sprint technicians seemed to blame the problem on the Windows software. They all kept saying that if it was Android it would not be a problem to access the info on the phone.

I am about to try My Mobiler right now.

Thanks again!
Old 01-12-2012, 03:29 AM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Gotta love them technicians lol.. how on earth they're deemed "tech's" when they don't know shit is beyond me!! To say if it were android it wouldn't be a problem is a cop-out!! I now have an android but that's only because microsoft killed off windows mobile support(newer devices)!! I used to get a kick out of shutting those so called tech's/experts up..you can run android on the tp2, sure its off the sd card but it works!! The hd2, which had better specs, can run 5 different OS's (WM, wp7, android, Ubuntu, and MeeGo) and runs full versions of each flawlessly!! I'm sure if the tp2 had the same specs it'd be able to do it all too. I use to ask them to name another OS that can do that and then would sit back and chuckle at them when they couldn't!! Anyway..I thought they should (if the device boots up) be able to plug it, and the new phone, into this device they have at the stores to transfer contacts

+1 for my mobiler..if there's anything that'll work, that'll be it. Hope it works for ya!!

Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by lnando84; 01-12-2012 at 04:19 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnando84 View Post
Gotta love them technicians lol.. how on earth they're deemed "tech's" when they don't know shit is beyond me!! To say if it were android it wouldn't be a problem is a cop-out!! I now have an android but that's only because microsoft killed off windows mobile support(newer devices)!! I used to get a kick out of shutting those so called tech's/experts up..you can run android on the tp2, sure its off the sd card but it works!! The hd2, which had better specs, can run 5 different OS's (WM, wp7, android, Ubuntu, and MeeGo) and runs full versions of each flawlessly!! I'm sure if the tp2 had the same specs it'd be able to do it all too. I use to ask them to name another OS that can do that and then would sit back and chuckle at them when they couldn't!! Anyway..I thought they should (if the device boots up) be able to plug it, and the new phone, into this device they have at the stores to transfer contacts

+1 for my mobiler..if there's anything that'll work, that'll be it. Hope it works for ya!!
HAHAHAH brings back memories of my hair-pulling days with both assurion and sprint . i didnt seem to have a problem with sprint because i had the assurion , it was assurion who pissed me off . i ended up taking the bottom of the replacement phone and swapped it with the "old" phone in order to get a working phone xP .

But in the OP's situation , the Techs at sprint CAN do that , they CHOOSE not to . they want you to buy a new phone duhhh thats a no brainer . my buddy works for verizon and the managers tell him not to do any "favors" because they want people to buy new phones . its all a money scam .

Quote:
Originally Posted by locobear View Post
Thanks for the info on My Mobiler, I will check it out. Too bad the Sprint "technicians" don't have access to a program like My Mobiler. Must be too complicated for them.

Just for general reasons I thought that I would mention that I spent an hour and a half on a phone today with Sprint. They did not want to send me another replacement TP2 until the original faulty TP2 was mailed back to them. I was not happy. I was transferred 4 times during the call. I was on hold for more than an hour of the hour and a half long phone call. In conclusion, they are sending me yet another phone by mail.

I asked Sprint if I could go to the Sprint store located near me tomorrow morning and get a phone but they said "we can't do that". Sprint has a new policy not to provide customers a temporary replacement phone. Nor will they provide the permanent replacement phone at a store.

So last week I had to go to WalMart and buy an AT&T GoPhone when the original TP2 failed to operate. I needed a phone while I waited for the replacement to arrive. Then the replacement TP2 arrives faulty. Back to using my AT&T phone to call Sprint and wait on hold for more than an hour in order to get a phone sent to me by mail.
Unbelievable!

I am running out of minutes on my GoPhone. I might as well keep my AT&T account going at this point. Of course it will cost me hundreds of dollars to get a decent new phone at AT&T. They got me by the short hairs I guess.

The sad part is that most all of the giant phone companies seem to be equally inept. This stuff happens all day long everyday. A phone that is supposed to be convenient can turn into a real inconvenience very quickly.
you should ask for an arrive . there are countless threads where people had problems with replacement TP2's not working and sprint gave them an arrive . that is if you want WP7 i personally like it . but im a geek so i need to be able to hack it and eff with it till my hearts content , wp7 is just perfect . lol . i would try that route , if all else fails i would just replace the top (screen) portion with the replacements bottom making the sent phone haveing a bad screen and a bad slider mechanism . if you take that route send me a PM i can easily help you with swapping them . ive done so much surgery to my phone im surprised its not Frankenstein xP
Old 01-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

locobear is a n00b

Thanks again for the My Mobiler link. That is a fantastic freeware. I am going to use that program often. I can just connect my phone to my PC and manipulate my phone easier. I have my PC hooked up to a 60 inch Aquos TV, so I can see my phone info from all the way across the room. I like it.

My main objective today was to export my Outlook contacts from my TP2 into a file for backup. I wanted to create a .csv file. The emails reside on an exchange server through my work computer. I do not use Outlook on my home computer, so I needed to transfer the files without having to use Outlook on my home computer. I have access to the Outlook information by using My Mobiler, but I can't figure out how to create a .csv file or to begin a backup of the contacts. When I open Outlook on my phone and look through the menus I do not see any options for Import/Export or backup options. Anyone know where to locate the export function if it exists?

I should also mention that my work computer is not available to me right now due to me relocating. I am not located in the same town as my employer and my work PC is in not set up right now. All my Outlook info is still active and on the server but the only access right now is through my phone. The option of accessing my Outlook info on a computer at work is not available for a few weeks.

Any additional help with this issue would be very much appreciated!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

locobear is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
HAHAHAH brings back memories of my hair-pulling days with both assurion and sprint . i didnt seem to have a problem with sprint because i had the assurion , it was assurion who pissed me off . i ended up taking the bottom of the replacement phone and swapped it with the "old" phone in order to get a working phone xP .

But in the OP's situation , the Techs at sprint CAN do that , they CHOOSE not to . they want you to buy a new phone duhhh thats a no brainer . my buddy works for verizon and the managers tell him not to do any "favors" because they want people to buy new phones . its all a money scam .

you should ask for an arrive . there are countless threads where people had problems with replacement TP2's not working and sprint gave them an arrive . that is if you want WP7 i personally like it . but im a geek so i need to be able to hack it and eff with it till my hearts content , wp7 is just perfect . lol . i would try that route , if all else fails i would just replace the top (screen) portion with the replacements bottom making the sent phone haveing a bad screen and a bad slider mechanism . if you take that route send me a PM i can easily help you with swapping them . ive done so much surgery to my phone im surprised its not Frankenstein xP
Thanks for the info. I am not patient enough to try phone surgery. Not my skill set anyway. I would end up with a shoddy phone that has no warranty because I pulled it apart. Sprint owes me a replacement phone and they are going to give me one. When I will actually get it is another story.

As far as the Sprint technicians are concerned I am sure there is some truth to the fact that they can pull my phone info, but they choose not to. I would not be nearly as mad about this if they would just stop lying about everything. They say "take the phone to a repair center they will help you". Really? I don't think so. They make it worse. Repair center says "You need to call Sprint customer care and return your phone, and we can't access the phone's info". Then Sprint call center tells me to go to the repair center. It's complete nonsense. I thought I had learned my lesson a few years ago but they got me again. I made three car trips to the service center and got nothing accomplished.

A few years ago the call center told me to go to the service center because of a faulty phone. I went to the service center, they told me "we can't help you", said I needed to call customer care. I pulled out my temporary phone and called the number they gave me. I set the phone on speaker and talked to customer care right in front of the store rep. I was put on hold for over thirty minutes, and then Sprint call center hung up on me. You could hear the Sprint call center actually take me off hold and then hang up. It all happened right in the middle of the Sprint store while customers were there. The store rep called his manager. To save face the store rep starting offering me options like a new phone for free. That was about 3 years ago. I walked out of there with a new TouchPro.

Maybe I will pay them another visit tomorrow. I should take my car mileage and a list of the expenses incurred due to their ignorance and bill them for it.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

If you sync your phone to your company Outlook Server over the air [not thru Active Sync connected to your PC], when you set up your new phone and configure Outlook, it should sync the same information that is on the company Outlook Server.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2