PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
URGENT PLEASE -Phone comparison

Alright , found a good deal on a T-Mobile TP2 (AKA Tilt 2) on ebay . person listed device as Non functional , im curious as to how comparable the parts are from my current Sprint TP2 to the T-Mobile . Like will my battery work will the back covor fit will the screen work , things like that . im looking to leave sprint after a download speed of 156kbps . Ive had it . also will a T-Mobile 4g sim card work in the tilt 2 ? im guessing it will i just wont have 4g access . but i should still get 3g correct ?
Old 12-28-2011, 09:32 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: URGENT PLEASE -Phone comparison

I know the battery cover is different,radios are different. Any Tmo SIM should work and you'll see speeds between 10x and 100x the 156kbps that ur experiencing now and that's just 3G. U can give it a shot but u'll be much better off getting an HD2. I saw quite a few as low as $125.
EDIT: one last thing, the T-mobile variant is just called the TP2 the at&t variant is called the tilt2, if it's the tilt2 then u will not get 3G unless ur in one of the areas where Tmo is rolling out HSPA(+) on the PCS (1900MHZ)band.
#firstnewthreadinweeks

Last edited by eric12341; 12-28-2011 at 09:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:17 PM
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
I know the battery cover is different,radios are different. Any Tmo SIM should work and you'll see speeds between 10x and 100x the 156kbps that ur experiencing now and that's just 3G. U can give it a shot but u'll be much better off getting an HD2. I saw quite a few as low as $125.
EDIT: one last thing, the T-mobile variant is just called the TP2 the at&t variant is called the tilt2, if it's the tilt2 then u will not get 3G unless ur in one of the areas where Tmo is rolling out HSPA(+) on the PCS (1900MHZ)band.
#firstnewthreadinweeks
thanks @eric12341 and yeah this forum has been DEAD . and sorry 125 is above my budget of 50 bucks xP i found a bunch of Touch Pro 2 for t-mobile on ebay under that budget . ( i even started cooking a rom xP ) and according to the specs of the TP2 on tmo . it has the same frequencies that my sprint TP2 does . why cant i use 3g on GSM networks here ? or is it because the sprint TP2 doesnt support the wcdma ?
Old 12-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Threadstarter

oh and radios i can flash thats not biggie . its the hardware i am afraid of . cause i can get a phone that when powered on just vibrates and doesnt show anything on the screen that includes a back cover , (my guess is water damage) or i can get one which freezes at the logo screen (can just reflash) but that doesnt have a charger or battery or cover -.-
Old 12-29-2011, 01:27 AM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
oh and radios i can flash thats not biggie . its the hardware i am afraid of . cause i can get a phone that when powered on just vibrates and doesnt show anything on the screen that includes a back cover , (my guess is water damage) or i can get one which freezes at the logo screen (can just reflash) but that doesnt have a charger or battery or cover -.-
the logo screen one would be what I'd take and just reflash it. As for charger u can use the same one from ur current tp2 no problem,battery might be a bit different but it may work. Cannot use sprint TP2 on Tmo 3G because it does not have the 1700mhz AWS frequency that Tmo uses for its 3G network
Old 12-29-2011, 03:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

JimP is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
....and why exactly would you buy a phone that's listed as non functioning? Doesn't that mean "broken"?
Old 12-29-2011, 03:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Not always, not functioning may mean different things to different people. @eric12341 and @elesbb were talking about the TP2 that was "freezing" at the logo screen. Could be a simple as someone who isn't as tech savvy as the great peoples here. The phone/screen is still functioning so they were discussing putting the phone in bootloader mode and flashing a new working ROM, presumably http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...m-29022-a.html . Not functioning doesn't always mean "broken"
Old 12-29-2011, 09:02 AM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
....and why exactly would you buy a phone that's listed as non functioning? Doesn't that mean "broken"?
@JimP
useless post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
Not always, not functioning may mean different things to different people. @eric12341 and @elesbb were talking about the TP2 that was "freezing" at the logo screen. Could be a simple as someone who isn't as tech savvy as the great peoples here. The phone/screen is still functioning so they were discussing putting the phone in bootloader mode and flashing a new working ROM, presumably http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...m-29022-a.html . Not functioning doesn't always mean "broken"
well if he were to flash that rom it would be double bricked as he will be purchasing a GSM model. All he has to do is reflash the stock ROM and it'll be good assuming the bootloader isn't dead which would then need Jtag.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:14 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
the logo screen one would be what I'd take and just reflash it. As for charger u can use the same one from ur current tp2 no problem,battery might be a bit different but it may work. Cannot use sprint TP2 on Tmo 3G because it does not have the 1700mhz AWS frequency that Tmo uses for its 3G network
Well see its funny , according to other websites the T-Mobile Touch Pro 2 doesnt support the 1700 frequency . It supports the same as the Sprint TP2 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
because i can fix anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
exactly i dont mind a little physical labor to save a peny or two. And yes i will flash my userROM , however i have already made a GSM version cause as eric stated flashing the one i have now would prove really stupid on my part :P but you had the right idea ;D
Quote:
@JimP
useless post.

well if he were to flash that rom it would be double bricked as he will be purchasing a GSM model. All he has to do is reflash the stock ROM and it'll be good assuming the bootloader isn't dead which would then need Jtag.
what is Jtag ?
Old 12-29-2011, 04:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
exactly i dont mind a little physical labor to save a peny or two. And yes i will flash my userROM , however i have already made a GSM version cause as eric stated flashing the one i have now would prove really stupid on my part :P but you had the right idea ;D

yea I didn't mean you would flash that particular ROM, that was more of a generic link for JimP just to reference your skills.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2