PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 03:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gjhuff is just getting started
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Good-Bye Touch Pro 2 and HTC

My Touch Pro 2 has water damage affecting battery life. Assurion would replace it for $ 100, but it would only cost $ 199 to upgrade. So, after much research, I went with the Samsung Galaxy S II/Epic 4G Touch. Android will allow me to use the smartphone the way WM 6.5 has. But I will miss the Touch Pro 2 which followed many years of PPC phones from the PPC 6500 upward.

I carefully considered the Arrive (which my Sprint store not only recommended against, but didn't even have a display model out anymore). But I am not a user of Zune or Xbox. I want to keep my files private and not in the cloud. Tethering is also an essential application for me. So while the Arrive is definitely a great hardware upgrade, Windows Phone 7 is a non-starter for me. Perhaps if I had never experienced the ability to customize and was starting anew, I'd feel differently.

I want to thank the Touchpro 2 community here and over at XDA who have made using this phone a great pleasure over the years. I wish that MS has chosen to upgrade WM 6.5 with new hardware so I could continue to follow what has been a great user community.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Re: Good-Bye Touch Pro 2 and HTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhuff View Post
My Touch Pro 2 has water damage affecting battery life. Assurion would replace it for $ 100, but it would only cost $ 199 to upgrade. So, after much research, I went with the Samsung Galaxy S II/Epic 4G Touch. Android will allow me to use the smartphone the way WM 6.5 has. But I will miss the Touch Pro 2 which followed many years of PPC phones from the PPC 6500 upward.

I carefully considered the Arrive (which my Sprint store not only recommended against, but didn't even have a display model out anymore). But I am not a user of Zune or Xbox. I want to keep my files private and not in the cloud. Tethering is also an essential application for me. So while the Arrive is definitely a great hardware upgrade, Windows Phone 7 is a non-starter for me. Perhaps if I had never experienced the ability to customize and was starting anew, I'd feel differently.

I want to thank the Touchpro 2 community here and over at XDA who have made using this phone a great pleasure over the years. I wish that MS has chosen to upgrade WM 6.5 with new hardware so I could continue to follow what has been a great user community.
with mango on the arrive , it does support thethering if assurion would have given me an arrive i sure as hell woulda taken it .
Old 12-12-2011, 03:18 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Welcome to the darkest depth of the dark side! we have milk and cookies (I ate them all already though *whistle*)

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-12-2011, 03:23 PM

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Welcome to the darkest depth of the dark side! we have milk and cookies (I ate them all already though *whistle*)
comee onnn the touch pro 2 isnt THAT bad . its the service we receive from sprint and ASSurion which is the problem .
Old 12-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
with mango on the arrive , it does support thethering if assurion would have given me an arrive i sure as hell woulda taken it .
Agreed

Galaxy S is a good phone though. Enjoy it
Old 12-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

My HD7 has tethering now. For it to be on the arrive its up to sprint to enable it. Due to the condition of their network and commitment towards wp7 or lack thereof,its very unlikely that they will enable it anytime soon. This is another reason y I left to T-mobile.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:41 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Enjoy the sg2.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:58 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
comee onnn the touch pro 2 isnt THAT bad . its the service we receive from sprint and ASSurion which is the problem .
um...when did I say it was bad?

dark side= what we call android

darkest depth of the dark side= going android + samsung

dark side is a pun used when you switch to something else, darkest depth of the dark side is something I made up for a double swap of Android + None HTC.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2

woldemariam is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

i am looking to buy an arrive but the only thing that has stopped me was that i thought it could not tether. can someone please provide me more info or a link?
Old 12-12-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
um...when did I say it was bad?

dark side= what we call android

darkest depth of the dark side= going android + samsung

dark side is a pun used when you switch to something else, darkest depth of the dark side is something I made up for a double swap of Android + None HTC.
oh i thought you were speaking badly of the TP2 . as in saying everyone who has trouble with it is on the "dark side" as not sprint nor assurion is recognizing our problems . my appologies :/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2