PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Fast Text Messaging (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148317)

gera229 12-10-2011 07:55 PM

Fast Text Messaging

Okay guys, you know how the new android phones have text message menus that come up real fast? And you know how dumbphones also open your messaged fast?
Well I want the same thing for my TP2. It takes 5-10 seconds to actually start replying to a message because of the load times.
Does anyone know a rom or a certain cab file that just opens in a sec and i can instantly start replying?
I currently use sharkies rom but I type with the keyboard, so i think part of the reason it is slow is because it's also rotating the whole max sense or watevr.
Appreciate any help.

gTen 12-10-2011 09:31 PM

Re: Fast Text Messaging

Quote:

Originally Posted by gera229 (Post 2159622)
Okay guys, you know how the new android phones have text message menus that come up real fast? And you know how dumbphones also open your messaged fast?
Well I want the same thing for my TP2. It takes 5-10 seconds to actually start replying to a message because of the load times.
Does anyone know a rom or a certain cab file that just opens in a sec and i can instantly start replying?
I currently use sharkies rom but I type with the keyboard, so i think part of the reason it is slow is because it's also rotating the whole max sense or watevr.
Appreciate any help.

Have you tried opening the built in sms client and not the sense ui sms client?

matchstickredgti 12-10-2011 09:52 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

erase some of your texts if you have a lot

Tinkerbell 12-10-2011 10:14 PM

In addition to these great suggestions, you can leave your device in landscape mode which will also shave off a few seconds. If texting is the most important feature you are wanting from your device, consider using Titanium instead of Sense.

elesbb 12-10-2011 11:14 PM

you can also try vito SMS chat . I like it but it lacks some features . I currently use the stock SMS of windows mobile 6.5.x and I don't have that long of a delay even when switching to landscape .

eric12341 12-11-2011 04:27 PM

Try a rom that's much lighter on eye candy and resources such as a 6.1 rom or lead rom.

matchstickredgti 12-12-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb (Post 2159655)
you can also try vito SMS chat . I like it but it lacks some features . I currently use the stock SMS of windows mobile 6.5.x and I don't have that long of a delay even when switching to landscape .

SMS chat is awesome. I think that's the program I used on my old Samsung i830.

horndoctor 12-14-2011 03:05 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Sprint/HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7380 Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Use the standard Windows Mobile Messaging and not htc messaging.

Delete or archive older texts by moving them to a folder on your storage card or save them to your pc for safe keeping. You can use an app like sktools or memmaid to do these things to free up device memory and speed up messaging.

Also, if you don't like the plain look of WM Messaging there are ways to skin it to make it look flashy. :)

Tinkerbell 12-14-2011 01:08 PM

Nice suggestions Guys!! Great Teamwork!

http://penavan.edublogs.org/files/20...rk-1l2f37e.gif

elesbb 12-14-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2160207)
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Sprint/HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7380 Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Use the standard Windows Mobile Messaging and not htc messaging.

Delete or archive older texts by moving them to a folder on your storage card or save them to your pc for safe keeping. You can use an app like sktools or memmaid to do these things to free up device memory and speed up messaging.

Also, if you don't like the plain look of WM Messaging there are ways to skin it to make it look flashy. :)

I noticed making it look flashy also slows it down . just an fyi .