PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Auto Resend Failed SMS

Tired of failed SMS and having to manually resend ? well i found a simple reg entry that fixed it for me on my custom ROM . It should work on Stock sprint and any cutsom ROM which has PhoneExt package and SMSRetry package included .. Ive made a cab for easy installation . also i have a mortscript which auto dismisses the "alert" messages too . just let me know if you want that as well . once i figure out C# i will make an EXE to do the same . hope it works for you . as always , post if any problems .

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
Simply install the cab , restart , and never worry about resending a SMS agian
Attached Files
File Type: cab elesbb AutoResend SMS.cab (1.1 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Auto Resend Failed SMS

I will give it a shot. So this is going to basically keep trying to send the message until it's actually sent?
Old 12-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchstickredgti View Post
I will give it a shot. So this is going to basically keep trying to send the message until it's actually sent?
yep , I tried sending a message and it showed both those messages so my script cleared them and I went back to the text program just out of habit to manually resend it , but I was surprised and happy to not see that red text ! ^-^
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Cool. Just downloaded it. We'll see how it works
Old 12-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchstickredgti View Post
Cool. Just downloaded it. We'll see how it works
thanks ! it seemed to work perfect for me , funny thing is I've been looking for a way to do this for the longest time and while browsing through the registry I found the entry and changed it from 0 to one not knowing what to expect and lo and behold it did what I wanted it to !
Old 12-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker

How did you test it? Like, how did you make it fail I guess
Old 12-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

This is cool! So, will the device warn you that it is trying to resend, or? How would you know if it goes through?

Old 12-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

^that's what I was wondering
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:09 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Thanks for making this.

Although, when/if a text doesn't send for me it usually tells me and saves it in drafts and then when I get a good signal again I'll send it again.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Yes, same here. It would be cool if it would do this automatically, because I forget to resend often!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2