PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Auto Resend Failed SMS (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148269)

elesbb 12-06-2011 08:35 PM

Auto Resend Failed SMS

1 Attachment(s)
Tired of failed SMS and having to manually resend ? well i found a simple reg entry that fixed it for me on my custom ROM . It should work on Stock sprint and any cutsom ROM which has PhoneExt package and SMSRetry package included .. Ive made a cab for easy installation . also i have a mortscript which auto dismisses the "alert" messages too . just let me know if you want that as well . once i figure out C# i will make an EXE to do the same . hope it works for you . as always , post if any problems .

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
Simply install the cab , restart , and never worry about resending a SMS agian :D

matchstickredgti 12-06-2011 08:50 PM

Re: Auto Resend Failed SMS

I will give it a shot. So this is going to basically keep trying to send the message until it's actually sent?

elesbb 12-06-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matchstickredgti (Post 2159016)
I will give it a shot. So this is going to basically keep trying to send the message until it's actually sent?

yep , I tried sending a message and it showed both those messages so my script cleared them and I went back to the text program just out of habit to manually resend it , but I was surprised and happy to not see that red text ! ^-^

matchstickredgti 12-06-2011 09:52 PM

Cool. Just downloaded it. We'll see how it works

elesbb 12-06-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matchstickredgti (Post 2159023)
Cool. Just downloaded it. We'll see how it works

thanks ! it seemed to work perfect for me , funny thing is I've been looking for a way to do this for the longest time and while browsing through the registry I found the entry and changed it from 0 to one not knowing what to expect and lo and behold it did what I wanted it to ! :-D

matchstickredgti 12-06-2011 10:48 PM

How did you test it? Like, how did you make it fail I guess

Tinkerbell 12-06-2011 10:55 PM

This is cool! So, will the device warn you that it is trying to resend, or? How would you know if it goes through?

matchstickredgti 12-06-2011 11:04 PM

^that's what I was wondering

horndoctor 12-06-2011 11:09 PM

Thanks for making this.

Although, when/if a text doesn't send for me it usually tells me and saves it in drafts and then when I get a good signal again I'll send it again. ;)

Tinkerbell 12-06-2011 11:10 PM

Yes, same here. It would be cool if it would do this automatically, because I forget to resend often!